San Francisco, CA
A well-funded API management company is looking to grow their team in order to fill their additional capacity for engineers after a recent round of funding ($10 million from existing investors). The company has been doubling the number of APIs it manages year after year and is on track for more growth. They’re looking for a Senior Software Developer to live on the front lines of the Web API world, building on their platform to continue to assist the company’s customers. This will necessitate a wide range of abilities, spanning a lot of traditional fields of CS. For this role specifically, the company is looking for an experienced Java engineer who is intimately familiar with topics like distributed computing, networking, highly available software design, etc.
Nice to have:
- Strong background in PHP as a back-end language.
- Deep knowledge server-side development
- Experience with PHP frameworks (CakePHP, Zend, Symfony, etc.), familiarity with using PHP in a CMS
- Hand-on experience designing, documenting, and testing secure APIs/web services
- Overall familiarity with software development methodology, build/release, lifecycle, etc.
- Open sourced code examples (github!)