About the Role:
We're looking for senior engineers with a deep interest in building backend software that enables the identification and analysis of mobile threats.
Most positions are full-stack development, so you can play on your strengths while engaging your interests in new and powerful technologies, from Ruby / full-stack Rails to HTML5 to NoSQL, to interacting heavily with the device (Java, C), and at the network and OS levels.
As a Sr. Security Engineer, you'll get to work in many of the following areas: backend development, predictive analysis, identification of mobile threats, development of scalable detection and analysis systems, reverse engineering applications and network protocol and beyond, large-scale distributed crawling and analysis, and building tools that support the threat response process.
What you'll do:
• Develop security products to anticipate security problems and potential solutions
• Research ongoing developments in the mobile threat space and identify major sources of distribution, apps, metadata, and more
• Use your expertise in agile software development, metrics, short feedback loops, well-designed APIs, test driven development and automation to ensure a minimal amount of friction in order to maximize focus on solving large scale security related problems
• Engage in unit, functional, integration and other forms of automated testing to ensure the timely release of production ready software
• Help us meet aggressive performance and scalability goals keeping us ahead of dramatic growth in the space
• Epic software engineering skills. You're a standout among your peers, who tend to seek you out for your input on hard problems.
• Experience building scalable backend systems.
• Strong object-oriented design ability. You're a natural problem solver.
• You're an excellent communicator -- you get your point across clearly and concisely, day to day among your teammates, as well as when writing code.
• Skilled at troubleshooting -- you appreciate the value of testing and automation, and can resolve the trickiest of issues.
• Strong user focus. We build software to make life better. We exist for our users!
• Collaborative. You share what you know and learn from others, and are generally great to work with.
Nice to Haves (any of the following):
• Network protocol reverse engineering, particularly Proto Buffs and Web Technologies
• Binary reverse engineering, particularly for mobile platform technology stacks
• Experience developing static and/or dynamic binary analysis tools
• Experience with large-scale distributed analysis, particularly modern 'Big Data' technology stacks
• Experience building predictive analytical models
• Full-stack web application development skills: Ruby/Rails, HTML/CSS
• Java/Objective-C, and C on mobile platforms
• Experience designing and building RESTful APIs
• Systems-level knowledge of Linux/BSD and derivative mobile platforms
Index Ventures - 15 months ago