AIR Worldwide (AIR), a member of the Verisk Insurance Solutions group at Verisk Analytics , is the scientific leader and most respected provider of risk modeling software and consulting services. AIR founded the catastrophe modeling industry in 1987 and today models the risk from natural catastrophes and terrorism in 50 countries. AIR offers the opportunity to work with advanced technologies, global clients, and hundreds of the most innovative, talented minds in the industry.
The User Interface Designer is a problem solver who can synthesize user research, user interface design principles and business requirements into intuitive and usable interface designs for the insurance industry.
The user interface designer is primarily responsible for creating UI designs that will define the next generation of our products. The designer also needs experience with usability evaluation techniques to test interface designs within iterative product lifecycles.
User interface design activities include creating and iterating static and interactive design models (e.g., Storyboards and wireframes) and authoring detailed user interface specifications.
Secondarily, the user interface designer will be involved in user research activities like work flow and task analyses (e.g., user scenarios) and creating user requirements.
The User Interface Designer will be a member of AIR Worldwide’s Software Development Group consisting primarily of software architects, software engineers and project managers.
- 3+ years designing graphical user interfaces for highly interactive systems is required.
- Data visualization experience is extremely desirable.
- Knowledge of user centered design practices and research methods is necessary.
- Experience creating and maintaining GUI Standards & Design Patterns is preferable.
- Demonstrated experience developing innovative approaches for complex design problems is valuable.
- Ability to develop interactive prototypes and documentation to aid evaluation and development of designs is essential.
- Technical background and/or a demonstrable understanding of modern software development processes and concerns as they relate to design are desirable.
- Usability inspection and usability testing experience is advantageous.
- Expertise with design support tools such as Photoshop, Fireworks, Illustrator, MS Visio, MS Expressions Blend, Axure RP Pro etc. is required.
- Knowledge of the insurance industry is preferable, but not required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are necessary.
- A portfolio of design samples is desirable.
EDUCATION AND/OR TRAINING
Verisk Family of Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Bachelors degree or higher in an HCI-related subject is required.
All insurance coverage is based upon calculated risk -- but who's doing the calculating? Insurance Services is one source for such...