Designes, develops, documents, test debugs software that contains solutions to mission problems. Applies appropriate standards, processes, procedures and tools throughout the development life cycle. Applies knowledge of computer hardware and software, subject matter to be programmed in mission applications, information processing techniques used and information gathered from system users to develop software.
- 5 years of experience using C++,C#, Java or C.
- Previous experience working individually, as well as part of a development team.
- Experience with the full lifecycle development process.
- Experience with automated unit testing.
- Experience creating a system architecture and software design that best meets system requirements and funding constraints.
- Experience using version control and issue tracking software.
- Experience producing Technical Approaches with time estimates for development work.
- Excellent written/oral communication skills. Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to obtain a Top Secret security clearance. Desired skills * Software development experience in Linux and Windows environment.
- Experience with time critical and networked software. Django or Tomcat server development experience.
- Familiarity with the Simulation Interoperability Standards Organization (SISO) DIS and HLA standards and standards processes and the Combat Air Force Distributed Mission Operations (CAF DMO) standards and standards processes.
- Experience with distributed mission operations (DMO), long-haul and local simulation networking. Familiarity with data links such as Link-16 and SADL.
- Familiarity with cross-domain and multi-level security solutions as they pertain to training and test and evaluation. Specific Job Description Candidate participates as a member of a team in software design, development and maintenance of ground-based and airborne Air Force C2ISR and shooter weapon system flight simulators. The simulators are used in large distributed interactive war gaming events at the Distributed Mission Operations Center (DMOC) at Kirtland AFB. Includes simulation real-time and time critical software, multiple HW/SW platforms, networking, and object oriented and time critical software, multiple HW/SW platforms, networking, and object oriented technologies. Experience with game development, multiplayer interactive environments, virtual reality, and artificial intelligence modeling a plus. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirement for access to classified information.
Corrects program errors, prepares operating instructions, compiles documentation of program development, and analyzes system capabilities to resolve questions of program intent, output requirements, input data acquisitions, programming techniques, and controls. Ensures software standards are met.
Takes strategic planning initiative and develops consensus within the DMOC organization for implementation of new technology and upgrades to existing software/hardware.
Assist in developing technical approaches for software development and system engineering efforts. Develops internal white papers and papers for presentation at technical conferences and standards organizations. Standard Job Description Plans, conducts, and coordinates software development activities. Designs, develops, documents, tests, and debugs software that contains logical and mathematical solutions to business/mission problems or questions in computer language for solutions by means of data processing equipment. Applies the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the development life cycle. Applies knowledge of computer hardware and software, subject matter to be programmed in business/mission applications, information processing techniques used, and information gathered from system users to develop software. Corrects program errors, prepares operating instructions, compiles documentation of program development, and analyzes system capabilities to resolve questions of program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques, and controls. Ensures software standards are met. Security Clearance Top Secret Typical Minimums Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 5 years of professional experience; or 3 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree. Considered career, or journey, level. LMCareers Business Unit ESS0806 MST (S0806) Business Area Electronic Systems Program DMOC Department R892:GTL-S P2 Tsol GTS - Corp Job Class Software Engineering Job Category Experienced Professional City Kirtland Air Force Base State New Mexico Virtual No Relocation Available No Work Schedule FLEX-Non-Standard 40 hour week Req Type Task Order/IDIQ Direct/Indirect Direct Shift First
Lockheed Martin Corporation - 23 months ago
Unwavering sense of purpose.
Our employees are the core of our business here at...