Opportunity to innovate and engineer cutting edge, large scale web applications.
Opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a successful, top tier start-up.
We are a top 10 social networking site and experiencing tremendous growth.
- Create cutting edge product in the social networking space
- Design web and mobile applications with challenging scalability and performance engineering
- Function as a key player at the core of our talented team
- Release code in a fast-paced release cycle
- Work across the full stack
- Make a big impact with a market changing company
We Prefer People Who are Passionate About:
- MVC frameworks
- Experience with iOS and Android is a plus
- Track record building great web products
- Familiar with Memcache, MySQL optimization, NoSQL, Lucene, MongoDB, XML / JSON / REST, nginx, haproxy, AJAX user interface design
- Comfortable in a Linux enironment (shell scripting, cronjobs, installing software)
- Thinking creatively
- Building your own website, start-up, mobile app - we love entrepreneurs!
- Supportive, friendly and fun
- See your work used by millions
- Agile, fast paced release cycle
- Apply open source, cutting edge technology with continual learning opportunities
- Work with bright, talented colleagues
- Great location: Downtown San Francisco (Near Market and 1st Streets and near BART)
You can submit the following additional information now or later in our interview process:
- Successful start-up with a team of 30
- We are the 8th largest social networking site
- We are the world's largest site for readers and book recommendations
- We have more than 12 million members who have added more than 400 million books to their shelves
- Our mission is to help people find and share books they love. Along the way, we plan to improve the process of reading and learning throughout the world
- Code sample
- Paragraph or two about why you want to work for Goodreads
- Your solution to our design challenge: http://www.goodreads.com/about/design_challenge
Goodreads.com - 10 months ago