Be part of the Trulia Algorithms Development team, helping build and shape Trulia Estimates and our next generation of innovative, data-focused products.
What you'll do:
- Design, build, and support large-scale pipelines and systems that deliver data and models to SOLR/Lucene and the LAMP web stack that drives our high-traffic and constantly growing web site and mobile apps
- Develop software using Java, MapReduce on Hadoop, Python and other scripting languages, operating on data stored in HDFS and other MySQL or NoSQL data stores, in both batch-oriented and real-time contexts
- Collaborate to develop, prototype and productize new machine learning and distributed algorithms operating on big data
What you’ll need:
- Solid background in building bullet-proof, scalable systems with Java
- Proficiency in manipulating huge datasets with Hadoop or other distributed systems
- Comfort with everything from shell scripting to web service development
- Thrive on challenges around performance optimization, parallelization, and scalability
- Interest in cutting-edge and open-source technologies, bringing your own toolset and experiences to the mix
- Experience in data mining or machine learning is a plus, but not required
Why work at Trulia:
- The housing market poses big data challenges that call for creative solutions
- Our engineers are passionate, smart, and empowered with flexibility in how work gets done
- Work culture that blends start-up energy with stability and an emphasis on work/life/family balance
- 'Hack week' every quarter
- Stocked kitchens (breakfast, snacks, drinks, etc) and a kegerator
- Support for professional growth (conferences, training)
- Great benefits (untracked time off, variety of health plans)
Trulia gives home buyers, sellers, owners and renters the inside scoop on properties, neighborhoods and real estate professionals. Trulia has unique info on the areas people want to live that can’t be found anywhere else: users can learn about agents, neighborhoods, schools, crime and even ask the local community questions. Real estate professionals use Trulia to connect with millions of transaction-ready buyers and sellers each month via our hyper local advertising services, social recommendations and top-rated mobile apps.
Trulia was founded in 2005 and is backed by Accel Partners and Sequoia Capital. We are a successful rapidly growing company, built on an employee-centric culture and are recognized as a Best Place to Work in both San Francisco and Denver.
Trulia’s close-knit teams of energized & happy brainiacs creatively help people make smarter real estate decisions. This is an...