We are looking for exceptional developers with a background in machine learning,
statistics and data mining. People like you, who are passionate about developing quality scalable software and make a real impact on the diverse and rapidly expanding "big data" market.
You will interact with customers, our own team data scientists, and the rest of the development organization.
You will be responsible for helping to design and develop machine learning algorithms that will be deployed against large clusters of hardware at extreme scales of data to solve a variety of real world problems.
You will use initiative and independent judgment to drive the requirements
direction of the product.
- Masters/PhD in Computer Science.
- Strong background in machine learning / data mining / kdd.
- 8+ years of software development experience.
- Excellent programming skills in C/C++, Python.
- Experience working with databases.
- Proven industry track record.
- Strong communication skills and ability to lead, motivate and direct a team.
- Mentoring/Coaching skills
- Presentation skills
- Experience working with distributed systems.
- Experience with Mahout / Hadoop.
- Experience with SAS, R or other statistical packages.
- Experience with database internals, Postgres or other mpp systems.
Greenplum - 18 months ago