The Senior Software Engineer will work on new product development. The ideal candidate will have experience with new product development.
Skills & Requirements
- Design, develop, and support applications for the Life Science industry.
- Understand and analyze project requirements and translate into specifications and programming deliverables.
- Work with software engineers and senior management to enhance existing applications and build additional applications as the company grows.
- Identify and validate software and infrastructure components required to implement technical solutions
- Prepare and contribute toward the preparation of project documentation
- Support quality assurance and testing to achieve quality objectives
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to adjust to changing priorities as needed.
- Ability to execute and deliver to tight guidelines and schedules.
About HighRes Biosolutions
- Lab automation integration experience preferred. Liquid handling experience a plus.
- BS/BA in Computer Science or related applied engineering discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Strong overall programming experience using C# or C/C++/Java.
- 5+ years of full software development lifecycle experience with at least 2+ years of Object-Oriented analysis, design and development
- Relational database experience.
- Good understanding of computer communications (TCP/IP, RS232).
- Experience with Web Services and WCF skills is a plus
- Experience designing user interfaces using WPF is a plus
- Exposure to a Life Science industry is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
We love automation. We design and build innovative robotic systems and laboratory devices used by pharmaceutical and biotech companies and academic research laboratories. HighRes Biosolutions helps scientists accelerate drug discovery, high throughput genotyping, siRNA screening, next-generation sequencing sample prep, biorepository science and molecular diagnostics with highly flexible, expandable and modular integrated systems, bench-top devices and consumables that are easily configured (and reconfigured) to create research environments conducive to achieving breakthrough results.
We have offices in the Boston area and on the West Coast, as well as in the UK. Our headquarters in Woburn, Massachusetts, just minutes from Boston, is where we build our systems and devices, and develop our software in a state-of-the-art 50,000 square foot (4600 m 2 ) facility. Our recently expanded offices include multiple assembly areas, a machine shop, electronics shop, testing areas, and a showroom where customers can view and try out our innovative systems, instruments, and software. HighRes has a global presence, with installations, service, and support in the North America, UK, Europe, and Asia.
Did you know? HighRes customers and staff know President and Co-founder Lou Guarracina is really into his live coral and fish tanks, and is always looking for ways to combine his passion for automation and aquatic life. So HighRes teamed up with Wade and Brett at Acrylic Tank Manufacturers, the stars of the Animal Planet reality series TANKED , to create the world’s only robotic aquarium.
joelonsoftware - 18 months ago