Senior Software Systems Engineer
The software systems engineering team is part of Illumina’s software engineering and automation group. The software systems engineer works with stake holders (end users, marketing, R&D scientist, software developers, etc.) to develop the requirements and design of custom software. The custom software developed by the group includes web applications, instrument control, mobile apps, manufacturing tracking and control and bioinformatics software.
As a Software Systems Engineer, you will assume a lead role in the design and development of integrated systems which support biochemistry based laboratory and manufacturing operations. Research, analyze and design complex information systems and technology solutions in support of business needs. You will provide technical expertise in identifying, evaluating and developing systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet user requirements.
• Work as part of a multidisciplinary team to define, design and develop laboratory systems including both software and hardware in a FDA regulated environment
• Lead use case development, requirements elicitation, requirements analysis and review meetings
• Provide some leadership to a multidisciplinary team in transforming an operational/customer need into a description of system parameters/requirements
• Write formal software requirements specifications and software documentation, including how-to guides, cookbooks, reference material, technical overviews, architecture overviews, process flows, high-quality diagrams, etc.
• Work with System Architect and development teams on overall system design to meet requirements
• Assist in creating design control documentation
• Verify data in system tests using database query tools
• Assist in troubleshooting system problems
Required Skills & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Bioengineering, Biochemistry, Computer Science, or related field
• 4-6 years’ experience in biotech software or product development
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills that non-technical end users can understand
• Ability to present ideas and information in group settings
Preferred Skills & Experience:
• Experience with Next Generation Sequencing
• Experience with primary and secondary sequencing data analysis
• Experience with high volume manufacturing systems and working with automation and database systems
Illumina is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Illumina (www.illumina.com) is a leading developer, manufacturer, and marketer of life science tools and integrated systems for the analysis of genetic variation and function. We provide innovative sequencing and array-based solutions for genotyping, copy number variation analysis, methylation studies, gene expression profiling, and low-multiplex analysis of DNA, RNA, and protein. We also provide tools and services that are fueling advances in consumer genomics and diagnostics. Our technology and products accelerate genetic analysis research and its application, paving the way for molecular medicine and ultimately transforming healthcare
Illumina elucidates the human genome. The firm makes tools used by life sciences and drug researchers to isolate and analyze...