AINS is seeking a motivated and talented Senior GIS Software Tester to coordinate and provide technical services for the delivery of consistent, modern and cost-effective business solutions to the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Farm Service Agency (FSA) Application Delivery Testing (T-FAD). The work location is Kansas City, MO.
Testing and certification is spread across a variety of testing environments including:
- CERT– This is the main Web Farm 2.0 testing environment. This environment contains Websphere Application servers, visual basic servers, .NET servers, and SQL databases servers.
- CERT 2 – This is a Web Farm 2.0 additional testing environment for financial and special applications. This environment uses the same SQL database servers as CERT.
- CERT 3 – This is a Web Farm 2.0 training environment, most commonly used by Farm Loan Programs. This environment has its own SQL database server.
- Stress Lab – This is a Web Farm 2.0 environment for performance and capacity stress testing applications
- 5-10 years of experience in their field of specialization or equivalent knowledge and expertise obtained through verifiable on-the-job experience.
- Master's degree from an accredited university
- Significant experience in software testing efforts where ArcGIS and other GIS software and technologies were the focus
- Knowledge and experience utilizing GIS tools and large data mapping data, with Government agencies or large company experience
- Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments
- Plans and leads major technology assignments
- Evaluates performance results and recommends major changes affecting short-term project growth and success
- Functions as a technical expert across multiple project assignments
- May supervise others
- Carries out procedures to ensure that all information systems products and services meet system requirements, with limited direction
- Directs and/or participates in all phases of risk management assessments and software/hardware development with emphasis on analysis of user requirements, test design and test tools usage
- Thoroughly tests software to ensure proper operation and freedom from defects
- Reviews all documentation for completeness, accuracy, and correctness
- Organizes and maintains all quality assurance documentation including maintaining information within the assigned test management system
- Documents all problems and works to resolve them
- Reports progress on problem resolution to management
- Devises improvements to current procedures and develops models of possible future processes
- Performs work flow analysis and recommends quality improvements.
- Testing Project management, reporting and process improvement contributions
- Requirements review and traceability
- Test plan, test case creation and documentation
- Functional software Testing (on multiple platforms including Web-Based, Client/Server, ArcGIS and ERP)
- Performance software Testing
- Data Warehouse Testing
- Automated Software Testing
- Section 508 Testing
- Defect Management
- Configuration Management of the Testing environments
- Software release documentation
- Audit documentation and testing for OMB Circular A-123, IV&V, Financial and
- Security compliance
About AINS, Inc.
AINS, Inc. has been in business since 1988 and provides over 150 Federal agencies with IT products and services. The company is located in Gaithersburg, MD. Please visit the AINS corporate website at http://www.ains.com for more details. AINS offers:
- Career growth
- Competitive salaries & incentives
- Good benefits
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Life insurance
- Education cost reimbursement
- AINS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
To apply please send a cover letter, visa status (if applicable), resume and salary requirements
Indeed - 2 years ago