Founded in 1999, Salesforce.com is the enterprise cloud-computing leader. Our social and mobile cloud technologies, including our flagship sales and CRM applications help companies connect with customers, partners, and employees in entirely new ways. With more than 100,000 customers worldwide, we are proud to contribute to the success of companies of all sizes and industries, around the globe. If you're passionate about innovation, come help revolutionize how companies collaborate and communicate with customers.
This position is responsible for the development and execution of Strategic Sourcing initiatives for the Business Process Outsourcing (BPO), Corporate, and Professional services spend used by salesforce.com around the globe.
- Partner with salesforce.com global business partners to develop and advance sourcing strategies that improve the quality, consistency, effectiveness, cost, and value of our services spend and investments globally.
- Support business strategies and objectives through effective sourcing of BPO, Corporate and Professional services and the building of robust working relationships with business partners.
- Ensure the business is effectively engaging third party providers creating business value
- Ensure business objectives are being met or exceeded, and strategic sourcing processes and systems are in compliance. Support the development of governance models and work with key business partners to effectively implement and manage demand.
- Develop innovative approaches to sourcing while using analytics and robust processes to determine and outline scenarios, benefits, risks, and change management impact of each of those options.
- Negotiate and contract competitive terms and conditions, as well as performance standards and Service Level Agreements.
- Communicate with salesforce.com senior management; collaborate with events/marketing teams as it relates to annual budgets, periodic pricing forecasts, service improvements, and industry developments and benchmarks.
- Ensure the delivery of accurate and timely spend analysis and supply information to key stakeholders.
- Collaborate with and influence internal partner teams to implement transformational change.
- Collaborate with and champion operational excellence and process improvement initiatives.
- Drives Innovative Business Improvements: Develops new insights into solutions that result in organizational improvements; promotes a work environment that fosters creative thinking, innovation, and rational risk-taking.
- Balances Immediate and Long-Term Priorities: Meets critical objectives while considering the impact of those decisions and activities on the ability to achieve long-term goals.
- Delivers Results: Focuses on the critical few objectives that add the most value and channels own energy to consistently delivering results that meet or exceed expectations.
- Imports and Exports Good Ideas: Relentlessly seeks, shares, and adopts ideas and best practices in and outside the Company and embraces change introduced by others.
- Inspires Others: Builds and maintains relationships that motivate, guide, and/or reinforce the performance of others toward goal accomplishments. Seeks and provides feedback and coaching to enhance performance.
- BPO, Corporate and Professional Services Knowledge: Advanced knowledge of procurement processes and application to BPO and services sourcing to deliver value for the business. Includes the ability to use financial models, industry knowledge, and the client's business requirements to develop and implement optimized business solutions.
- BPO Management: Knowledge of best practice BPO management strategies and approach to support the objectives of the company and the local Business Units in selecting, engaging, evaluating, and managing BPO providers.
- Data and Analytics: Ability to use data and apply robust analytics to model various business scenarios and analyze resulting cost, impact, risks, and benefits to inform and recommend business solutions.
- Best Practices: Knowledge of BPO, Corporate Services, Professional Services, sourcing, procurement, industry, and business best practices to guide thought leadership and ensure effective sourcing strategies. Includes the ability to recognize value creation opportunities within and across Business Units.
- Understanding of Competitive Environment: Knowledge of industry operations, products, services, and environment. Ability to collect value-added information, gather competitive intelligence information, and promote sharing across appropriate organizations.
- In depth knowledge of the sourcing process and competitive bidding process: interfacing with clients, analyzing responses, developing selection criteria, and choosing appropriate suppliers (RFP, RFI, RFQ).
- Contracts and Agreements: Ability to read, write, and interpret contractual documentation. Knowledge of contract terms, applications, and legal requirements, including the ability to manage performance to contracts and agreements. Ability to explain requirements contained in agreements. Knowledge of the types of agreements and the appropriate usage under various customer circumstances. Ability to explain, at a high level, the legal implications of a contract agreement. Ability to lead the process of completing and compiling agreements. Ability to insert contract language that operationalizes business relationships with suppliers in order to protect salesforce.com interests and withstand legal challenges.
- Supplier Performance Management: Knowledge of supplier capabilities and performance to help select, enhance, and manage relationships. Ability to measure supplier performance to expectation and recommend opportunities for improvement.
- 5+ Years Procurement/Strategic Sourcing experience
- At least 2 Years supporting BPO, Corporate Services and Professional Services Experience
- Business Metrics Reporting using tools such as Excel, Access
- Bachelors in Business, Administration, Finance, Economics, Marketing or related field
- Passionate about team based environment
- Comfortable speaking in public
- Ability to work in a high demand and very fast passed environment where business change is the constant
Would you like to apply to this job?
Apply for the Senior Sourcing Partner - BPO, Corporate, and Professional Services position
Rypple - 15 months ago