Fannie Mae exists to expand affordable housing and bring global capital to local communities in order to serve the U.S. housing market. Today, our focus is on preventing foreclosures, making mortgages and rental housing as affordable as possible, and supporting the housing recovery. We are rapidly building and realigning our company to better serve the market as we support the Administration's Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan.
Join our dedicated, diverse, high-performing workforce and put your unique talents to good use as we work with our partners to advance our nation's housing recovery.
For more information about Fannie Mae and our career opportunities, visit www.fanniemae.com.
Source qualified providers of IT goods and services, professional services, contact labor, consulting services, architectural, engineering, construction and facilities maintenance services, and the like. Define a specific sourcing strategy for sourcing one or more categories of goods and services and conduct end-to-end sourcing process in accord with corporate sourcing strategies.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develop and implement sourcing strategies for current and near-term supply and service requirements. Ensure that the supply base is adequate to current and near-term future needs. Track, document, and enhance, as needed, the competitive process.
- Conduct annual sourcing planning, negotiate large and/or complex contracts, issue RFPs, and develop or approve vendor performance standards. Make sourcing recommendations.
- Lead or provide technical input to cross-functional teams to source complex business requirements collaborate with client staff in the procurement process to ensure successful implementation of sourcing projects.
- Engage management of corporate clients in business units and in suppliers to advance sourcing strategy and execution in planning acquisition of goods and services.
- Identify opportunities to streamline and automate. Improve efficiencies to reduce costs.
- Ensure adherence to the firm's policies, procedures and practices, including compliance with requirements established by Legal.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 4 years of related experience
- Minimum of 4 years of information technology procurement experience including: Hardware, Software, Data, Telecom, and related Implementation/Customization Services of these products
- Experience and understanding of IT/Technology License Structures and License Compliance
- Experience negotiating from a buy-side perspective with some top vendors in the IT space
- Demonstrated success in leading large project teams composed of individuals from a variety of perspectives (e.g., legal, multiple business owners/end-users, multiple business owners of technology) within a multiple project portfolio, which result in successful sourcing project delivery with qualitative and quantitative results
- Experience gathering, consolidating and refining business/technical requirements and specifications combined with the ability to develop complex data analysis, metrics, methods and procedures which drive results across projects, and provide linkage to corporate objectives
- Ability to work with internal clients to ensure they understand and use/adhere to established procurement policies and procedures, while providing customer satisfaction through measurable sourcing results
- Strong contract negotiation skills and experience working with redline documents and legal throughout complex contracting processes
- Strong MS Office capabilities (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and experience in using eSourcing and project management tools
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Fannie Mae - 14 months ago
We are looking for employees who are intent on helping us achieve something remarkable. Since 2009, we have made tremendous progress in...