Provide leadership for all aspects of industrial safety and health systems and environmental compliance for the Auburn, AL facility. Duties include, but are not limited to, coordinating all training to meet state and federal requirements, maintaining all records, providing safety analyses of new equipment and process changes, assist in managing workers' compensation claims, track all injuries, review and make recommendations for safety improvements, coordinate safety and ergonomic inspections, conduct new hire safety orientations.
This position will report to the Senior Director - Safety & Health.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Skills and Abilities:
- Maintain understanding and knowledge of current federal, state, and company regulations and policies. Inform organization of changes and administer actions to maintain compliance.
- Implement inspections, recordkeeping, training and reporting to comply with all conditions in the facility's EPA issued air permit.
- Perform Job Hazard Analysis, system auditing, and ergonomic task analysis.
- Coordinate and conduct injury review process to determine and correct root cause.
- Conduct all training, inspections, recordkeeping and reporting required for managing all wastes generated.
- Implement training, recordkeeping and documentation as required in order to comply with DOT requirements for the preparation and shipment of hazardous materials.
- Prepare the Facility Environmental and Safety Plan each year, review with the local management team and direct its implement.
- Identify and drive projects which reduce the environmental impacts of the facility's operations.
- Lead and manage implementation of injury reduction efforts. Promote and drive 'Zero Injury Culture' initiative.
- Support the tracking, reporting and interpretation of operational safety and plant MPS performance.
- Analyze new equipment and verify operator safety.
- Conduct safety training programs for all levels of operation.
- Provide leadership and drive for plant safety committees.
- Lead operation to best practice and best in class for safety and environmental efforts.
- Assist organization by participating in special taskforce assignments and special projects.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexibility to work multiple shifts as necessary.
- Ability to multi-task and balance priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results with efficiency and effectiveness.
- Dedicated and committed safety leadership and presence.
- Solid people skills with professional demeanor.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement polices, procedures and practices desired.
- Functional and applicable knowledge of state and federal OSHA and EPA regulations.
- Certified in CPR and first aid.
- Minimum 3-5 years of progressive safety experience in a leadership role within the manufacturing environment required (wood related industry experience desired).
- General Security, Risk Management, and Environmental experience desired.
- Demonstrated ability to implement safety policies and practices.
- Knowledge of OSHA and EPA regulations.
- Good oral and written communications skills.
- Must have analytical reasoning and problem solving capabilities.
- Balanced approach to technical, business and people aspects of business.
WE MAY NOT ALWAYS SIT DOWN TOGETHER, BUT WE STILL GATHER AROUND THE TABLE .... come home to MASTERBRAND.
- BS degree in Occupational Health & Safety, Safety Engineering or related field with significant experience in environmental, health and safety.
At MasterBrand Cabinets, we understand the importance of working hard and living well. It's our people-first company philosophy and the very foundation that allows top talent to feel valued and fulfilled. With annual revenue of more than $1 billion, we reward individual contribution, promote career mobility, and allow you to grow as we do. But, perhaps the best part of working at MasterBrand comes when you realize the people you work with have become the people you rely on, care for, and partner with at every turn. Discover what the heart of a great company can do for your future. Discover the people of MasterBrand.
MasterBrand Cabinets offers competitive compensation and benefits, including paid holidays and vacations, 401k, and medical/dental/vision insurance.
In order to be considered for employment, you must complete an Application for Employment in its entirety. Only applications that are fully completed shall be considered by MBCI.
You will be contacted for an interview if MBCI believes you may be qualified for an open position(s). If you are made an offer of employment, the offer of employment will be contingent upon successfully completing: (1) a background check; and (2) a drug screen. MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.
Great People. Great Brands. Great Future.
Fortune Brands Home & Security, Inc.
- 2 years ago - save job
At Masterbrand Cabinets, Inc. we make more than cabinets; we make dreams come true. Our focus is listening to today's families, then...