PRINCIPLE JOB FUNCTIONS
· Manages all processes related to Accounts Payables
· Supervises and directs Global Payment Process for Hospital and Physician Payments
· Responsible for daily deposit and oversight of Cash Controls
· Manages annual inventory process and verification of policies and procedures related to materials management
· Prepares and post month-end journal entries and maintains the standard monthly journal checklist (SOX Requirement)
· Prepares and maintains monthly balance sheet reconciliations
· Prepares and files monthly state sales tax return
· Support Controller with monthly and quarterly SOX requirements
· Collaborates with the other hospital department managers to support overall department goals and objectives
· Assist Controller with annual Cost Report Workpapers and annual Tax Package
· Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department
· Support Controller with special projects and workflow process improvements
· Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
Handle personnel issues relating to staff conflicts, absenteeism, performance issues, etc.
Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, financial analysis and verbal, interpersonal and quantitative skills is required. Completion of a Bachelors degree in accounting preferred.
HCA Inc - 19 months ago