GGP has an immediate need for a Senior Staff Accountant - Corporate at our headquarters in Chicago, IL.
General Growth Properties has been in the shopping center business for more than 50 years blending innovation, tradition and reputation to create some of the country’s top shopping centers. As employees we are collaborative, creative, self-starters who aim to positively impact the shopping experience for our customer every day. A career with GGP is your chance to embark on a rewarding journey into the retail real estate industry!
The Senior Accountant maintains financial control systems through prompt, accurate and comprehensive recording of corporate expenditures and various public stock transactions. Ensures that corporate policies/procedures are being followed and are in accordance with GAAP and management authorization and prepares reports and analyses with concise, timely and accurate information.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Manage various aspects of month-end close process for Corporate entities within required deadlines
- Research, review and prepare journal entries, develop intermediate, advanced and consolidated journal entries with appropriate supporting documentation, perform complex analysis and review financial reports for accuracy and completeness
- Preparation of accurate and timely analyses of trends and variances
- Review, investigate and correct inconsistencies in journal entries, general ledger accounts and financial reports
- Collect appropriate data to prepare and maintain financial records utilizing all available sources while adhering to company policy and audit requirements
- Adhere to and implement SOX controls
- Practical and timely research and application of facts and circumstances for significant transactions recorded to financial records and methods used to prevent and detect misstatements
- Design, develop and implement management reports as required
- Own the budgeting function for core areas of responsibility
- Maintain timely communication with management, keeping them apprised of all material financial and reporting issues
- Flexible team player, ability to lead or participate in other projects/tasks as assigned
Qualifications include the following:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting; CPA preferred
- 5 plus years of experience in corporate accounting or combination Public/Corporate accounting
- Experience managing a monthly close process
- Experience with corporate income tax desired
- Experience with stock compensation accounting and/or insurance IBNR reserve desired
- Excellent analytical and problem solving ability
- Professional, self-starter with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Experience with Hyperion required
- Intermediate Excel experience required
- JD Edwards Enterprise one desired
General Growth Properties (GGP) has an idea for an economic stimulus plan: Let's all hang out at the mall! GGP is the country's #2...