KIND OF WORK PERFORMED: Under direction of the Chief of Staff
(COS), performs advanced and responsible staff support work.
EXAMPLES OF WORK:
(not intended to be all inclusive)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Composes and types correspondence, articles,
reports, manuals or other material on general or technical
- Receives and reads incoming mail, screens
items for handling and forwards to appropriate Departments with
the necessary background material.
- Maintains control records on incoming
correspondence and requests for information and follows up on
work in process.
- Handles and maintains Departmental records and
information of a sensitive nature.
- Provides customer service in person and over
the phone. Answers questions and addresses concerns. Provides
guidance on organization procedures and practices.
- Interacts with visitors, provides requested
information or refers them to the appropriate person for
- Establishes and coordinates one-on-one and
monthly meeting dates and deadlines for department agendas.
Coordinates with those reporting directly to the COS.
- Composes, compiles and edits material and
memos for Board Packages as assigned.
- Records and transcribes dictation of Board
minutes, workshops and other official meetings.
- Maintains the Chief of Staff’s calendar by
scheduling appointments and conferences and keeping COS apprised
of scheduled appointments.
- Makes appropriate travel arrangements for COS
and other individuals as assigned and coordinates logistical
details for meetings.
- Reviews accuracy of time records of Chief of
Staff’s direct reports.
- Establishes, updates and maintains appropriate
filing systems and applicable records.
- Performs research on special topics, projects
or problems and compiles data on findings for review.
- Inventories and orders appropriate office
- May record and transcribe dictation of
official minutes, correspondence, legal documents and reports.
- Communicates with co-workers, management,
customers and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conforms with and abides by all regulations,
policies, work procedures and instructions.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- Monitors the timely updates of Results Engine
for the Chief of Staff’s direct reports.
High school graduation or possession of an acceptable equivalency diploma. A
five-year combination of education, training or experience in administrative,
clerical and project support work that demonstrates knowledge of administrative
functions and skill in office equipment operation. Must be able to multi-task,
transcribe and type at a rate of 50 to 60 wpm. Experience in the legal field is
- Knowledge of office practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of business English and arithmetic.
- Skill in composing correspondence.
- Skill in operating standard office equipment
such as personal computer, dictaphone, typewriter, copier,
calculator and telephone.
- Ability to use word processing, spreadsheet
and related software applications specifically, Microsoft Word,
Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- Ability to perform research, compile data and
- Ability to establish, update and maintain
- Ability to read, comprehend and apply job
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to handle sensitive information with
- Ability to establish and maintain effective
working relationships with employees at all levels within the
- Ability to type at a rate of 50 to 60 wpm.
- Knowledge of Project Management.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties
to be performed.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position
that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and
responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to
possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the abilities
and aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise,
other than an “at will” employment relationship.
Jacksonville Transportation Authority. - 19 months ago
JTA continues to make our existing services better and more efficient. We are looking at ways to reduce the number of routes while still...