The School for Graduate Studies seeks an experienced Instructional Designer to support the use of technology to enhance learning.
The selected incumbent will be responsible for:
• providing instructional design consultation and support for faculty and programs using technology in teaching.
• working with curriculum developers and faculty to design and create technology-mediated learning experiences.
• identifying and organizing web and multimedia resources for students and faculty.
• conducting faculty workshops and training.
• supporting use of technology tools and media to enhance learning and interaction, including ability to support web communications software.
• integrating web 2.0 tools into learning environments.
• providing technical support to faculty and students at a distance.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 2+ years’ experience working directly with college faculty.
• Training in instructional design, educational technology, or related field.
• Demonstrated ability to apply technology to improve college level teaching and learning.
• Demonstrated ability to provide technology support at a distance.
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communications skills.
• Demonstrated abilities in web design and appropriate skills for the development of online learning environments.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain currency with emerging technologies.
• Experience with Course/Learning Management Systems.
• Master's degree.
• Experience in any of the following:
o applying Content Managements Systems
o systematic instructional design process for electronic learning environments, preferably for graduate level courses curriculum improvement
o creating multimedia and interactive learning experiences
o team-based projects
o working in a distributed organization
Occasional evening and weekend hours.
Occasional overnight travel within New York State.
Rank/Salary: Low $50,000, depending on qualifications.
Applications Due By: May 17, 2013.
The college actively seeks to build a culturally diverse faculty and staff and offers multicultural learning and work environments. Empire State College supports all efforts to enrich our community through a steadfast commitment to excellence through diversity. Empire State College is an AA/EEO/IRCA/ADA employer.
SUNY EMPIRE STATE COLLEGE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND EDUCATOR. IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE AFFIRMATIVE ACTION OFFICER AT (518) 587-2100. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (518) 587-2800. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE SAFETY AND SECURITY WEBSITE AT http://www.esc.edu/safety-security
Empire State College - 10 months ago