Sr. Statistical Programmer
12 month contract position
2 positions open
Senior Statistical Programmer
- Participate in and co-ordinate the Statistical Programming review of Case Report Forms (CRFs), annotated CRFs, database structures and study related documentation (e.g. data validation guidelines).
- Develop and review SAS programs and output for the management of clinical trial data, the tabulation of data, preparation of patient data listings, graphical output, and creation of derived datasets and statistical analysis of data as specified in the Statistical or Report Analysis Plans.
- Carry out electronic data transfer (both incoming and outgoing). Develop and review programs to ensure the data transfer has been produced to specification.
- Review and interpret Report and Analysis Plans and provide comments for assigned projects.
- Lead programming efforts for the preparation of electronic submissions.
- Provide ongoing training and mentoring within Statistical Programming to ensure thorough knowledge of the processes used and the ongoing technical development.
- Technical planning (which includes overseeing the set-up of the key macros/SAS programs) for multi-protocol projects (e.g., appropriate documentation required by the project).
- Work on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangible variables; development of technical solutions to abstract problems which require the use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Design and set-up utilities/SAS based systems to assist and facilitate Clinical Data Management activities.
- Review draft and final production runs for projects to ensure quality and consistency.
- Responsibility for ensuring that the filing of study documentation is maintained to the standard required according to processes and acceptable for audit.
Please reply with an updated resume or forward this to a colleague as there are TWO positions open!!
- B.S degree in a computing, life science, mathematical or Statistical subject. (Alternative academic qualifications or experience are assessed to ensure equivalent background).
- A high computing content is considered to be beneficial; however proven computing skills are most important.
- Minimum 3 years experience in provision of programming support for clinical trial management and reporting, or equivalent experience.
- Extensive experience and proven skills in the use of SAS® within a clinical trials environment.
- A good understanding of the fundamental principles of programming, program development and review.
- Experience in the preparation and review of Programming Plans, study set-up and review of study specific documents, e.g. CRF and data validation guidelines.
- Extensive experience in the development and review of SAS programs for management and reporting of clinical trial data.
- Extensive experience in the development and review of programs to perform electronic data transfer (EDC).
- Excellent problem solving skills, a proactive approach and a willingness to take decisions, seeking advice from senior Statistical Programming staff to confirm decisions when necessary.
To find out more about Real please visit www.realstaffing.com