Join a small, rapidly growing, and dynamic project team to develop a new solid state storage architecture - FlashRay. The FlashRay product architecture is founded on rich scale-out and efficiency capabilities to maximize the benefits of All Flash Arrays (AFA). The new product line will combine consistent, low-latency performance, high availability, and integrated data protection with enterprise storage efficiency features such as inline deduplication and compression.
FlashRay is one of the most strategic projects within the company. In this project, we will be combining cutting edge technologies with innovative data handling in a creative development environment that can best be described as a startup within a larger organization. This role is a truly once in a lifetime opportunity to deliver innovations and make a large impact.
From the newest ideas in cluster computing to the latest web framework, NetApp software products embrace innovation to deliver compelling solutions to our business.
• Drive and deliver innovations for the next generation FlashRay product
• Participate in all phases of a product development, from product definition and architecture and design, through implementation, debugging, testing and early customer support
• Manage multiple tasks and priorities in a dynamic work environment
• Work collaboratively with other engineers, and be willing to take on any engineering tasks that contribute to the progress towards the goals of the team and the company
• Experience with I/O drivers for enterprise class storage solutions
• Demonstrated abilities in design and implementation of SCSI disk drivers, multi-pathing drivers and/or Storage Shelf Enclosure Services, including error handling and performance debugging
• Thorough understanding of concepts related to multi-processing architectures, operating systems, data structures, object oriented design and standard programming practices
• Solid C/C++ development and debugging skills in Unix/Linux operating environments
• Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Creative and analytical approach to problem solving
Education and Experience
Education & Experience:
- A minimum of 12 years of experience in systems software industry
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, a Master Degree, or a PhD; or equivalent experience.
Full time / Part time
USA - California - Sunnyvale (Corporate Headquarters)
Careers at NetApp
At NetApp, your expertise is what drives our growing success
NetApp is the ideal place to give your career a boost....