Chopper Trading LLC is a privately owned proprietary trading firm headquartered in Chicago’s historic Board of Trade Building with growing offices in New York, London, San Francisco and Washington DC. Our 200+ employees form a strategic blend of Traders, Software Engineers, and Quantitative Analysts that has consistently produced results since our founding in 2002.
One key to this success has been the pledge to hire extremely bright, motivated, and passionate employees who are tasked with developing our proprietary trading applications and implementing these applications in the financial markets. Chopper Trading thrives on innovative ideas and continuously explores new opportunities within the global marketplace.
Just as important as our employees is the technology they use to reach the market quickly and effectively. Our commitment to this technology has propelled Chopper Trading through the global financial crisis to the top of the proprietary trading community and has the rest of the financial world playing catch up.
All of this is a credit to the vision of our executive leadership whose combined experience in trading and technology is unmatched. We participate in one of the most intense and challenging private sector domains in the world and have effectively positioned ourselves for further success over the coming years. In order to continue to excel we need bright, strategic thinkers who will thrive in a high-performance environment. Chopper Trading rewards intelligence, hard work, and commitment while giving each employee the freedom, opportunity, and support to pursue and achieve success.
- Effectively interact with traders and quants to gather requirements for trading strategies
- Work with development team to create software designs for high-level strategy frameworks and specific strategies
- Work solo or in small groups to implement and integrate corresponding components
- Take ownership of strategy framework and specific features; working with QA, Support, beta testers, and end users for the entire life-cycle
- Provide requirements to core infrastructure group to enhance capabilities of lower-level framework and back-office functionality when appropriate
- 3+ years of C++ development experience in past 5 years
- Some experience at a trading company directly working with exchange traded products
- Experience with Object Oriented programming and STL
- Experience developing in a team environment, including requirements gathering
- History of successfully completed software projects
- Experience using software version control tools, preferably Git
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with multithreaded programming
- Network programming experience - socket / Winsock2 / TCP / UDP
- Familiarity with C++11
Chopper Trading - 20 months ago