Senior Systems Administrator
The Senior Systems Administrator - Telecommunications position will have the responsibility to install, repair and maintain all Voice & Data systems as they relate to Telecommunications. Troubleshoots and resolves problems or refers to other I.T. personnel. Provides technical support and training to Triad's Telephony users. Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures within the Telecommunications field.
Experience and Education
- Four (4) year degree or equivalent experience
- 3 - 5 yrs.
Technology Skills and Strengths
- Technical certificate/diploma in Telecommunications and 2 - 4 years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Solid understanding of Voice and Data communication concepts
- Strong knowledge of Telephony Communications via Analog and Digital transmissions
- Experience with QoS protocols, jitter, diagnosing or tuning Quality of Service and bandwidth analysis
- Knowledge of CTI, LAN/WAN communications, switches and routers
- Experience with configuration and support experience in a complex multi-layered network environment
- Strong knowledge of Avaya PBX, VoiceMail, Vectoring, VDNs. Base knowledge of Avaya PC and IC.
- Strong knowledge of DS1/DS3 & Trunking
- Must have tenured experience working with Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Visio
- Excellent customer service skills including reporting, organization, written and oral communication and task prioritization
- Ability to work in team environment but can self-direct when necessary
- Experience working under tight deadlines and high pressure environments
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills
- On-call after hours
sologig - 7 months ago