Under general direction, responsible for activities related to system administration in an enterprise environment. Responsibilities include: installing & supporting server operating systems (e.g. Windows Server 2008), performing system backups and recovery, conducting server builds & supporting server hardware, performance optimizing and security of systems, maintaining data center security and operations, support of virtual infrastructure (e.g. VMware environment).
In addition to technical knowledge, the employee is expected to have the following skills and/or responsibilities: downtime & maintenance coordination, project management, change management, presentation skills, oral|written communication skills, and leadership for Tampa Region Sys Admin team.
The candidate chosen will need to have the ability to mentor and train junior level staff to meet the project goals for the team.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Oncall for system incidents
- OS Installation, configuration, patches, and upgrades
- Server Installation & Build
- System backups, restore, disaster recovery
- Configuring, optimizing, monitoring operating system software and servers
- Analyzing, troubleshooting, and resolving system hardware, software, and networking issues
- Change management & Project management
- Write and present business cases for new technology, hardware/software requests
- Provide leadership to regional systems administrators under general direction/guidance of manager
- Develop business cases and written proposals
- Provide financial analysis and budgets for IT Operations
College degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent education is preferred.
Minimum of 5-7 years experience in Information Technology is essential.
3+ years of experience with VMWare virtualization required.
Industry recognized certification in I.T. Systems Administration area is necessary. Extensive and proven experience may be substituted for certification where appropriate.
Fundamental knowledge of business, accounting, management, & clinical software applications is recommended.
Strong project management skills are preferred.
Strong understanding of networking concepts is necessary, including LAN/WAN technologies, network equipment, protocols, & other communication systems.
Well founded knowledge of systems administration concepts is required, including security, management, deployment, and maintenance of diverse operating system platforms.
Extensive and proven work experience with Server Operating System and hardware support required.
Strong interpersonal skills & positive attitude towards work, peers, and management are required.
Must live in the Tampa area and be willing to commute between the regional sites as needed.
AHS Information Services
Staff / Associate
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Nov 19, 2012, 1:19:11 PM
Adventist Health System Sunbelt Healthcare's mission is to serve the community, and boy, does it! One of the country's largest...