Team Vistronix is actively seeking an experienced Senior Systems Analyst to join our team. The selected candidate will support a government client in Fort Collins, Colorado.
Would you like to be part of a dynamic team of dedicated software professionals? Are you concerned about protecting our Nation’s natural resources? We need people who are committed to action. People who want to apply their education and experience to make sure that all of us enjoy the benefits of productive soil, clean water, clean air, and abundant wildlife that come from a healthy environment.
Natural resource conservation is an effort of Federal and State agencies, universities, and professional societies to deliver science-based information to land owners. Join us to build the technology to help people understand, preserve and increase the productivity of our natural resources.
The successful candidate will analyze and document complex systems to develop the next generation of analysis and reporting systems. Prior experience as a software developer or DBA with fluent abilities in developing SQL queries is essential. Experience with Base SAS, SAS Business Intelligence (BI) Dashboard, or similar components are highly desirable.
This position requires advanced knowledge of systems analysis and design methods sufficient to design information systems for government enterprise applications. Principal responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Designing technical specifications for complex, integrated government systems which include numerous feeders crossing agency boundaries
- Analyzing and data modeling to ensure data integration across systems
- Designing systems using a service oriented architecture
- Providing feasibility feedback and identification of errors and omissions in business requirements and collaborating with business analysts and business sponsors to resolve related issues
- Collaborating with cross-functional team members
- Assisting business experts in defining requirements and solutions appropriate for the data and environment
Education and Experience:
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, I.T., or similar degree
- 7+ years of overall I.T. experience
- 5+ years of systems analysis experience (analysis experience in a government environment preferred)
- Candidates without a college degree will be considered, but must have at least 7 years of relevant development experience
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Strong writing, modeling skills for detailed specification documentation
- Applying sound judgment and tact in complex projects
- Prior experience as a software developer or DBA
- Experience with SOA and writing web service specifications
- Knowledge of configuration management practices
- MS Office Suite including Visio
- Design and documentation tools such as PowerDesigner
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008
- Experience using XML and XSLT
- Data Modeling or Data Base Administration experience
- Ability to multi task and work both independently and as part of a team in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong knowledge of BI concepts
- Experience with designing and architecting BI solutions
- SAS management and administration tools such as, SAS Management Console, SAS Data Integration Studio, SAS information Map Studio, SAS OLPA Cube Studio, SAS Financial Management Studio, SAS Forecast Server Studio and SAS Enterprise Guide
- SAS Certifications or any completed SAS course work – base SAS Certified and/or SAS Certified BI Content Developers for SAS 9 highly desired
- IBM Websphere development experience
- Prior experience as an architect on a software development project
- Experience with designing for distributed architecture
- Experience with implementation architecture
- CodeBeamer or other collaboration tools
- MS Visual Studio
- MS .NET, C# and ASP.NET
- Experience designing for virtual configurations
- Experience using REST approach in software development
- Experience in Agile development methodoligies, such as Scrum
Successful candidate is subject to a background investigation by the government and must be able to meet the requirements to hold a position of public trust.
Vistronix staff members enjoy a collaborative working environment. We recognize our staff members’ contributions to the team’s success as well as individual professional accomplishments. Vistronix offers competitive salaries and a very comprehensive employee benefits program. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.