The primary purpose of this position is to focus on the support of all electronic trading distributed applications for the following environments (Production, Certification, New Release, and Disaster Recovery).
The engineer is responsible for providing second level support of emerging problems that are escalated by our first level Technology Operations Control Center, correctly working the resolution of the problem, notifying the appropriate levels of management about the problem, and documenting the problem and actions and notifications taken during its resolution. He or she must also obtain the correct level of authorization for actions taken during problem resolution and follow through with problem troubleshooting until completion or proper handoff if required. The engineer must also be available 24X7 for emergency support.
• Work in a fast paced environment. Multi-tasking and attention to detail are critical.
• Has in-depth understanding of Linux/Unix operating systems and networking.
• Process oriented.
• Strong organization skills.
• Ability to prioritize effectively and handle shifting priorities professionally.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
As the world’s leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace, CME Group ( www.cmegroup.com ) is where the world comes to manage risk. Based in Chicago, with offices in New York, London, Singapore, Calgary, Houston, São Paulo, Singapore, Tokyo and Washington D.C., our team of more than 2,500 employees has an impact on the global economy every day. We offer:
- The widest range of global benchmark futures and options available across all major asset classes;
- The most advanced trading technology;
- Industry-leading clearing and risk management capabilities;
- A relentless customer focus, serving leading investment and commercial banks, hedge funds, proprietary trading firms, pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, asset managers, corporations and individual traders; and,
- A great place to work.
With this strong foundation in place, we are looking to continue growing our business in both listed and over-the-counter markets. To support this growth, we are seeking highly motivated individuals to help foster our corporate culture and uphold our core values of leading with conviction and integrity, advancing the global economy, building lasting relationships and acting with ingenuity every day.
We hope you will consider joining our world-class team.