As a Senior Systems Engineer you will:
Participate in architectural design and implementation of technologies for Cloud Solutions team
Perform complex technical analysis of hardware/software/network system, LAN/WAN communications and various switch/routing systems.
Design and implement VLANs, VPNs and network configurations
Collaborate with other Systems Engineers on technical solutions
Integrate with existing NOC support team to provide Level 2 support
Flexible schedule to accommodate shared 24x7 on-call coverage and receive level 2 escalation.
- Possess college degree or equivalent technical experience
- VMware VCP and Cisco CCNA certification are desirable
Broad-based technology understanding and capabilities expertise with the following:
- Must have 5+ years hands-on technology-related experience.
- Designing data center solutions around virtualization of servers, networking, and storage.
- Cisco Security (ASA, routing, switching, VLANS, VPN (IPSEC/SSL/site-to-site, client)) and additional general firewall and security experience.
- MS Office 2003-2010 Suite experience (Outlook, Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.)
- Exhibit strong troubleshooting capabilities
- Ability to multi-task
- Possess very good customer service skills
- Technical documentation skills
- Server platforms
- Storage Networks
- EMC and/or HP
VMware and Citrix
Working knowledge of data center management and systems
Weidenhammer Systems Corporation - 10 months ago