Weidenhammer delivers technology solutions that provide measurable business results to organizations seeking to achieve high performance in the areas of workforce productivity and operational efficiency.
Weidenhammer is an award-winning information technology firm that has succeeded in providing high-value products and services to a diverse set of clients since 1978. With over 200 IT professionals in seven locations, Weidenhammer confronts one of businesses' most critical and complex resources: information. At the core of our approach to serving clients is a focus on achieving and maintaining the highest degree of alignment between our clients' business strategies and their application of information technology. Weidenhammer specializes in working with organizations that want to use information technology as a strategic tool. Moreover, we believe that the future of a business is defined by how its information is managed.
Weidenhammer hires extraordinary people who strive to make a difference. Our success is in large part due to our outstanding talented and dedicated employees. If you thrive on transformation, empowerment to make a difference, and identification of solutions in an innovative environment, we want you to join our team.
Offering a complete benefits package, this is a full-time position in our Infrastructure Solutions & Managed Services business unit.
As a Senior Systems Engineer, you will:
- Participate in architectural design and implementation of technologies for the Cloud Solutions team.
- Perform complex technical analysis of hardware/software/network system, LAN/WAN communications and various switch/routing systems.
- Design and implement VLANs, VPNs and network configurations.
- Collaborate with other Systems Engineers on technical solutions.
- Integrate with existing NOC support team to provide Level 2 support.
- Flexible schedule to accommodate shared 24x7 on-call coverage and receive level 2 escalation.
- Possess college degree or equivalent technical experience.
- VMware VCP and Cisco CCNA certifications are desirable.
Broad-based technology understanding and capabilities expertise with the following:
Hardware Platform/OS Knowledge:
- Must have 5+ years hands-on technology-related experience.
- Designing data center solutions around virtualization of servers, networking and storage.
- Cisco Security (ASA, routing, switching, VLANS, VPN (IPSEC/SSL/site-to-site, client)) and additional general firewall and security experience.
- MS Office 2003-2010 Suite experience (Outlook, Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.).
- Exhibit strong troubleshooting capabilities.
- Ability to multi-task
- Possess very good customer service skills.
- Technical documentation skills.
If you want to be with a front-runner, we want to speak with you. You may forward your resume in strict confidence to:
- Server platforms.
- Storage Networks - EMC and/or HP.
- VMware and Citrix.
- Cisco IOS.
- Working knowledge of data center management and systems.
Fred Maryniak (email@example.com)
Vice President, Human Resources
WEIDENHAMMER SYSTEMS CORPORATION
935 Berkshire Boulevard
Wyomissing, PA 19610-0218
- 21 months ago - save job