Elastic multi-tenant SaaS offering that embraces our own hosted cloud solution, private clouds, on-premise tethering, and 3rd party Snaps demands an in-depth understanding of complex issues related to distributed systems deployment, monitoring and management. We believe that to create a robust offering with high feature velocity we must re-think the engineering development and operations split.
The tasks will consist of standard operations administration – setting up, configuring monitoring (e.g. Nagios), web servers, package installation, as well as more development-oriented tasks such as building automated provisioning, defining metrics and implementing plugins for our application, exploring (NoSQL) database performance and replication, etc.
We are looking for exceptional, self-motivated individuals, keen to learn new and emerging distributed technologies; share their learning; and exploit the emergent Cloud offerings to the maximum benefit of our business and our customers.
The Sr Systems Engineer would be reporting directly to the Director of Engineering (Cloud) at snapLogic and, working closely with the product architects of our Cloud offering, will be directly influencing our deployment and provisioning strategy.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with experience in technologies such as Puppet, Python, Git, MongoDB (or other NoSQL DB), Memcached, Tomcat; and an expert understanding of what it means to run a global large-scale virtualized infrastructure in the Cloud:
- Lead owner of provisioning system;
- Support product development through scripts and tools writing;
- Work and contribute to development releases (Agile);
- Support QA function by enabling automated testing, continuous build and the release process;
- In-depth understanding and appreciation of security, durability and availability concerns in distributed environments;
- Design and build scalable monitoring and metrics collection and distribution system;
- Create, setup, and run performance tests to help determine optimal hosting configurations
- Provide support to deployment and production issues during and off regular office hours
Why work at SnapLogic besides the awesome technology and team?
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems, or related technical degree
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in administering Linux based systems (Ubuntu/CentOS preferred, some experience with Rackspace/ AWS infrastructure desirable)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Internet facing applications, security concerns and network protocols ( HTTP /S, SSL , SSH )
- Comfortable with Linux shell scripting (bash and Python); source code control (git preferred); passionate about testing (unit, integration and regression tests)
- Self starter, always learning, able to work efficiently and confidently under pressure
- Familiarity with some of puppet, nagios, ganglia, NoSQL databases, git, fabric, Java a plus.
- Experience with Agile methodologies desired (Scrum)
- Be a part of “the next big thing”
- Learn and grow within cutting edge technology
- Work in a sphere that encourages creativity with endless possibilities
- Have high visibility within your scope of work
- Have fun! Enjoy catered lunches and “Snappy” Hours!
- Check out what all the hype’s about at http://www.snaplogic.com/news