Millions of times a day in more than 85% of American households, consumers reach for Pinnacle Foods brands. We are a leading producer, marketer and distributor of high-quality branded food products, which have been trusted household names for decades. Headquartered in Parsippany, NJ, our business employs an average of approximately 4,300 employees. We are a leader in the shelf stable and frozen foods segments and our brands hold the #1 or #2 market position in 8 out of 12 major category segments in which they compete. Our Duncan Hines Grocery Division manages Leadership brands such as Duncan Hines® baking mixes and frostings, Vlasic® shelf-stable pickles and Mrs. Butterworth's® and Log Cabin® table syrups and Foundation brands such as Armour® canned meats, Brooks® and Nalley® chili and chili ingredients, Comstock® and Wilderness® pie and pastry fillings and Open Pit® barbecue sauces. Our Birds Eye Frozen Division manages Leadership brands such as Birds Eye®, Birds Eye Steamfresh®, C&W®, McKenzie's®, and Fresh like® vegetables, Birds Eye Voila!® complete bagged meals and Van de Kamp's® and Mrs. Paul's® seafood and Foundation brands such as Lender's® bagels, Celeste® pizza, Hungry-Man® dinners and entrées and Aunt Jemima® frozen breakfasts. Our Specialty Foods Division manages Tim's Cascade Snacks®, Hawaiian® Kettle Style Potato Chips, Erin’s® Popcorn, Snyder of Berlin® and Husman's® in addition to our food service and private label businesses. Pinnacle Foods is a Top 1000 Company ranked on Fortune Magazine’s 2011 Top 1000 companies list.
SCOPE OF POSITION:
To become an integral member of the Pinnacle Foods tax department with focus on accounting for income taxes, corporate income tax compliance and tax risk management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare interim and annual income tax provisions in accordance with ASC 740 (FAS 109).
- Maintain deferred tax schedules, FIN 48 analysis, footnote disclosures and return to provision reconciliation.
- Analyze and maintain account analysis to determine book tax differences.
- Prepare complete and accurate federal, state and foreign tax returns.
- Member of team responsible for implementing and/or utilizing tax technology software solutions for accounting for income taxes, income tax compliance, and other tax functions.
- Proactively identify process improvements, implement changes and ensure best practices.
- Perform research, assist with special projects, such as merger, acquisition issues and transfer pricing.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required
- Strong technical knowledge of ASC 740 and SOX requirements
- Strong technical knowledge of federal and state corporate income tax laws
- Fundamental understanding of GAAP reporting requirements
- Ability to exercise independent judgment with regard to the application of tax law to effectively minimize liabilities, risks and exposures
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- MS in Taxation and/or CPA is preferred
- Public accounting (Big 4 experience preferred)/ private experience (manufacturing experience preferred) with emphasis on ASC 740 reporting and corporate income tax compliance
- 3 to 7 years relevant core domestic corporate tax experience
o Effective tax rate reconciliation
- Highly proficient in Excel, tax research products, and tax technology solutions such as OneSource Income Tax, OneSource Tax Provision or similar platforms. Strong technical knowledge of ASC 740 and SOX requirements.
o FIN 48 /UTP documentation
o Deferred tax analysis
o Experience with valuation reserve analysis and assessment
o Domestic Production Activities Deduction Section 199
- Strong technical knowledge of federal and state corporate income tax laws, including
o Manufacturing /Consumer Product industry experience
o R&D Tax Credit
o Rules surrounding computation and utilization of federal and state net operating losses
o State related-party tax issues
o MACRS and AMT tax depreciation methods
o Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
o Highly organized, focused and able to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
o Strong research and analytical skills
o Diligent work ethic
Pinnacle Foods Group is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Monster - 6 months ago