At Ingersoll Rand we’re passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We know that hour by hour and day by day, we advance the quality of life by making environments safe, comfortable and efficient. Our people and our market leading brands, including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Schlage® , Thermo King® , and Trane® , contribute to a world defined by sustainable progress and enduring results.
The Senior Tax Accountant will be primarily responsible for US state and local tax compliance (including estimated payments) and audits for IR. Additionally, the position will assist with IR’s state tax accounting under ASC 740. The Senior Tax Accountant will also assist to a lesser degree in the preparation of Federal proforma tax returns as well as US International Tax Returns (5471’s, 5472’s, etc.) The position will also assist in research and planning for state tax purposes to help minimize IR’s cash tax and effective tax rate positions. The position will report to the Assistant Tax Director – State Tax.
• Review/Preparation of State Income/Franchise Tax Returns and estimated payments (separate, combined & unitary).
• Assist in research and analysis of various State & Local Tax issues.
• Assist with US State Tax Accounting including managing the state effective tax rate.
• Assist with Federal Tax Compliance, including US International returns
• Assist in development of improved tax accounting process and reporting systems and related internal controls.
• Manage State and Local Income/Franchise Tax Audits, responding to IDR’s put forth by the taxing jurisdictions.
• Responsible for maintaining monthly state tax cash forecasting.
• Responsible for State Corptax Administration.
Percentage of Travel: 0
Min. Yrs. Experience: 5
Education Standard: College Degree
Education Type: Accounting Major
• BS Degree in Accounting or Finance.
• 5+ years’ state and local tax compliance work experience.
• Strong knowledge of ASC 740 (FAS109) and related pronouncements (FIN 48, etc.)
• Strong working knowledge of Corptax and/or TaxStream required
• Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize, organize, and perform multiple tasks with varying deadlines simultaneously.
• Ability to interact independently with peers and management, possess excellent communication and analytical skills, work under deadlines and multitask.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Ingersoll Rand is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Ingersoll Rand - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Ingersoll Rand is a global diversified firm in which our people, our products, our systems and our services work together to inspire...