University Research Co., LLC (URC)
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication related to issues like substance abuse, with a particular focus on reaching underserved populations.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission ( http://www.urc-chs.com/ ).
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Technical Advisor will work in close collaboration with the senior technical staff in the Division to support implementation research and provides technical support with a focus on health systems strengthening, HIV/AIDS and Maternal, Reproductive and Child Health Services. The position combines support for implementation research, technical assistance new business development, and documentation and sharing of results.
- Collaborate with IDG home office and in-country teams to develop study designs and protocols; support in-country research and assessments including data cleaning and analysis.
- Provide technical support to in-country teams in clinical areas of HIV/AIDS and MNCH
- Review and summarize reports, program evaluations, improvement results and other documents, and assess their accuracy and relevance for IDG staff in the US and the field.
- Provide current literature and evidence-based programming guidelines to technical staff
- Participate in communities of practice on HIV/AIDS and MNCH and related subjects
- Support efforts for new business development including drafting technical strategies for proposals, and reviewing bids.
Required Experience & Qualifications
- MD, MPH in global health
- At least 10 years of relevant work experience in international health
- At least 3 years of hand-on experience in a developing country setting, implementing relevant public health technical interventions
- Experience in research methods applicable to developing country contexts
- Exceptional verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills in English; high comfort level writing and presenting data and information in a compelling way to different audiences.
- Ability to work effectively and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong time management and organizational skills; demonstrated ability to work well independently and in teams.
- Track record of being able to produce work in a timely manner with flexibility when necessary to adapt to changing work conditions.
- Proficiency in French
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally about 25% of the time.
For immediate consideration, please visit URC’s Career Opportunities page at www.urc-chs.com/careers .
Please cut and paste your cover letter and upload your CV where indicated. Also, please complete your application form and attach a completed USAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet as well.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.
URC is an E-Verify Employer
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We value and seek diversity in our workforce.
University Research Co., LLC. - 14 months ago