As an Enterprise Architect, you will be in the Enterprise Architecture team and will have authority to make technical decisions. This position is expected to perform design activities with an enterprise mindset. This involves understanding the complex interplay between mission critical applications, and the underlying architecture of applications themselves, along with the long term objectives of the business to ensure technology solutions best fit the long term vision and strategy of the organization. You will be an advocate of the investment made in creating architecture and the value it brings to the organization.
The Architect will be involved in organizing a team around the architecture and actively contribute to planning activities, show confidence in setting direction for technical team members, act as a mentor and coach to the members of their team, and help in hiring and training of key technical resources of the team. You will work closely with other Architects, Senior through Associate Systems Developers, Project Managers, and Business Analysts to develop or maintain systems as designed. The Architect must be able to make decisions (often under pressure), and ensure those decisions are communicated, understood, and, ultimately, implemented.
As an Architect, you will be responsible for leading the analysis, architectural design and development of custom software applications or integration of off the shelf software to support critical business needs. You will be well versed in best software development practices and propagate this knowledge to all development resources. Some key applications include Capella’s online courseroom, online campus portal, ERP applications (PeopleSoft), Mobile Applications, and Capella’s online library.
The Architect must be focused on the delivery of tangible results and must act as the driving force for the project from a technical perspective. The Architect will be expected to work with team supervisors, business owners and Project Managers to ensure alignment of business needs to IT strategies and deliverables. Architects must have skill in business process modeling and improvements’ using proven techniques with measurements of KPI’s and associated tuning parameters needed.
- 15+ years in software design and developing custom software applications using the J2EE platform including frameworks like Hibernate, Struts, Spring, JUnit, etc
- Demonstrated recent experience involving
technical leadership role in enterprise architecture
- An expert at facilitating large, cross-functional work groups
- Ten (10+) years’ experience in custom business software development, internal and cloud-based systems implementation, and packaged software integrations.
- Ten (10+) years experience with three or more of the following: Java, J2EE, Oracle, SQL, .NET
- Associate’s degree (Bachelor’s preferred) from a college or university in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education, experience and area of expertise
- 10+ year’s architecture experience to include strategy impact analysis, conceptual and solution design, planning, solution delivery oversight and solution performance analysis.
- 8+ years of industry tools (e.g., capability models and roadmaps, process models, interaction diagrams, use cases, business cases, cost/benefit and ROI analysis).
- Experience with LEAN tools, processing engineering methodologies, business operations, and the key business drivers.
225 S. 6
Minneapolis, MN 55402
How To Apply
Click the apply now button and apply to this job opening. You will be prompted to either login using an existing user ID and password or register for a new account.
About Capella University
Capella University is an online university built on graduate degrees, with more than 34,900 students throughout the U.S. and in other countries. Founded in 1993 to provide advanced educational opportunities for working professionals, Capella has become a national leader in online education, offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral programs. The university's success is built upon a culture that promotes human potential, achievement, innovation, integrity, collaboration, and teamwork. Capella Education Company (CPLA), parent company of Capella University, is publicly traded on the NASDAQ. Capella Education Company was named to the Inc. 500 Hall of Fame for being listed as one of the nation's fastest-growing companies for 7 consecutive years. Capella University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, located at 230 S. LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604-1413, (312) 263-0456,
Equal Employment Opportunity
Capella is committed to the development of a multicultural environment. We seek greater diversity in our faculty and staff to broaden our academic experience and to reflect the diversity within our learner community. We value the input of multiple viewpoints and perspectives across the university and our corporate offices. Our goal is to create academic and business communities that are rich with cultural, social and intellectual diversity. Capella is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.
Capella University - 14 months ago
Where Academic Excellence is Online
As a regionally accredited institution offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degree programs in...