A9.com, headquartered in Palo Alto, CA, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Amazon.com. We are dedicated to the continued development of powerful, intelligent and intuitive search and advertising technologies that make it easy to locate products and services.
As a small office, we have a culture of creative problem-solving, intellectual design, fast-paced development and passionate product delivery. Plus, as a subsidiary, we have the longevity and resources of a larger company and the ability to introduce quickly our technology to millions of users.
We are seeking experienced, talented, energetic and self-driven individuals to join our Advertising Technology Platform team. The platform powers fast-growing, state-of-the-art online advertising programs for Amazon.com, other prime online properties and hand-held devices, and it is built with large-scale, distributed web services utilizing the latest technologies.
As a Senior Technical Data Analyst, you will:
What you need:
- Perform hands-on analysis of massive advertising data for driving business performance, forecasting, goal-setting, and product troubleshooting, in partnership with teams across Amazon and A9
- Champion analytics and metrics throughout the organization
- Advise product, business development and senior management by using data for strategic and tactical decision making
- Contribute to optimization strategies across multiple advertising programs
- Work with engineers building a state-of-the-art analytical platform, advocating for analytic needs throughout the organization
It is even better if you have:
- Experience as an analyst in a large online business, defining and scoping business problems, executing relevant analyses and communicating actionable insights to executives, finance, product management, and engineering
- Strong math, statistics and quantitative reasoning skills
- Experience working with very large, disparate data sets, including log files, SQL, Hadoop and OLAP data warehouses
- Outstanding communication skills
You are going to love this job because you will:
- Experience with online advertisingKnowledge of machine learning and data-mining techniques
- Hands-on experience with SQL, R or map-reduce languages (Pig, Hive)
- MBA or other business background
- Have a significant and measurable impact on the bottom line
- Contribute to strategic products that reach large audiences
- Work alongside other top-notch engineers, product managers and business owners on web-scale products and technologies
- Have access to the vast technical tools and resources of Amazon.com
A9.com - 14 months ago
What began as Earth's biggest bookstore has become Earth's biggest everything store. Expansion has propelled Amazon.com in...