The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants is the national, professional association of CPAs, with approximately 386,000 members, including CPAs in business and industry, public practice, government, and education; student affiliates; and international associates. We set ethical standards for the profession and U.S. auditing standards for audits of private companies; federal, state and local governments; and non-profit organizations. We also develop and grade the Uniform CPA Examination.
Senior Technical Manager - Portfolios
Please respond via our website at www.aicpa.org/careers and post your resume directly online with us.
In collaboration with the AICPA’s Member Learning & Competency teams, Technical Teams, Segment Teams, and CPA2Biz, the Senior Technical Manager, Portfolios, drives sustainable revenue growth in the products area and enhances member value by identifying, validating and determining the market viability and approach of existing and new interest areas for AICPA’s product mix including Publications, Conferences & Web Events and Continuing Professional Education.
The position requires a proactive, collaborative, and hands-on leader who will oversee and manage multiple topical portfolio teams and continually assess key interest areas within those topical areas and related opportunities for new products as well as collaborating with technical teams to transform their ideas into new products and grow brand awareness.
Director -Member Learning and Competency Portfolios
- Strategic Thinking
- Leading and Managing Change and Ambiguity
- Business Mindedness
- Negotiation Skills
- Portfolio Management
- Process Improvement
- Decision Making/Judgment
- Market Analysis
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Technical Skills
- Project Management
- People Management
- Commitment to Quality
- Communication Skills (oral and written)
- Oversee multiple topical portfolio teams and continually assess assess key interest areas within those topical areas and related opportunities for new products.
- Actively manage and direct multiple topical portfolios to understand product opportunities and risks and market opportunity, including when to retire/phase out products
- Collaborate with various subject matter experts (both internal and external) to further understand and identify how developments and new pronouncements affect AICPA members; translate into product needs and transform ideas into new or enhanced products.
- Collaborate across the business units to identify high level requirements for each product (e.g., target segment, content, segment needs, and level of detail).
- Participate in the quarterly revenue meetings collaboratively with CPA2Biz
- Build momentum, acceptance and implementation of the portfolio concept
- Understand member needs and identify key interest areas within topical areas to meet those needs.
- Ensure internal topical SME involvement in product development.
- Ensure integrated and collaborative decision making amongst segment, technical and product teams.
- Oversee a rolling 18-month product calendar that drives cross-product marketing of products.
- Implement and manage team processes for portfolios and product calendars.
- Serve as a key advocate for the portfolio development process; assist the Director, Member Learning and Competency Portfolios in defining new portfolio development process for wide scale role out to AICPA business owners.
- Partner with member value and CPA2Biz product marketing, product, communications, strategy, firm and segment leaders to ensure alignment of product portfolio and segment plans.
- Identify and implement opportunities for enhanced offerings or new product offerings based upon member feedback, landscape changes and/or or best practices within the profession.
- Identify technical issues, current practices, alternative solutions, and best solutions to the issues facing the profession.
- Continually evaluate and promote opportunities for strategic development and sharing of content across AICPA teams.
- Monitor and research the activities of standard setting bodies and stay abreast of new standards, regulations, and business developments to further understand the needs of AICPA members
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Achievement of topical portfolio product revenue growth by improving the overall performance of the Member Learning & Competency product portfolios offered to members and through other channels.
- Achievement of Member Learning & Competency strategic goals.
- Strongly collaborative and respected relationships within the cross-functional portfolio teams and with other AICPA staff involved
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CPA license
- Minimum 7 years public accounting experience or equivalent
- Strong working knowledge of and experience in two or more of the following topical areas:
- Financial Forensics
- Business Valuation
- Information Management and Technology Assurance
- Personal Financial Planning
- Employee Benefit Plans
- Firm Practice Management
- Management Accounting
- Accounting and Auditing (includes assurance and advisory services)
- Strong, articulate oral and written communication skills including presentation skills
- Leadership skills
- Strategic thinker
- Proven planning, strategy-development, and research skills
- A team player with established team-building skills
- Skilled and experienced in successful collaboration with multiple and diverse teams and executive management
- Self-starter, confident with entrepreneurial aptitude
- Conceptual, analytical, creative thinker
- Flexible, results-oriented, and highly-motivated
- Excellent collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Strong project management skills and ability; effective project planning, documentation and execution skills
- Ability to demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and to appropriately prioritize workload based upon organizational needs
- Excellent follow-through skills
- Strong business acumen with a market focused approach to business, and understanding of what drives product profitability
- Market research and analytics experience, and ability to organize and transform data into business recommendations
- Experience managing relationships with prominent professionals
- Ability to develop and leverage a network of consultants and industry experts for use in accounting and auditing practice area
- Highly skilled in decision-making and problem-solving
- Strong analytical and cross-functional collaboration skills to obtain buy-in of key stakeholders
- Ability to identify implications of actions and understand relationships affected and opportunities or challenges they may create
- Masters degree in Accounting
- Product development experience in learning & development
- Experience developing products and services for a membership-based professional association and for global audiences
- Demonstrated skills and experience in meeting budgets and deadlines, and growing revenue
Please respond via our website at www.aicpa.org/careers and post your resume directly online with us. You can upload your resume and cover letter directly via our website.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AICPA is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected status. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
AICPA - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard -