As a Senior Technical Marketing Engineer you lead cross-functional teams to create technical content for NetApp products and solutions that are targeted to Customers, Field Tech Teams and Partners. The engineer will work closely with Product Management as well as Product and Solutions Engineering on the company's future strategies and roadmap execution related to their specific area of technical expertise. You may also work closely with third-party vendor organizations as required to achieve corporate goals in regards to product integration and best practices.
Professional Services Full time / Part time Full-time Posting Location USA - California - Grass Valley
- You will influence technology strategy for current and future projects. You will influence and communicate strategic directions to management for adoption.
- You will lead projects and be accountable for project deliverables working with cross-functional and business unit teams and lead inter-department cross functional teams. This may include researching, proposing, managing and designing Partner integrations highlighting NetApp technologies.
- You will be a Subject Matter Expert in a few technologies across the industry and customer landscape influencing at the Director and C-executive level. The breadth of NetApp strategic technology interests broadens. You will continue to build your expertise with continued internal and external education and collaboration with industry experts. You will identify gaps in product/process and make proactive suggestions for improvement.
- Influence the strategic direction of activities with your Team, Project Stakeholders, Product Management, Partners, Sr Director and VP. This role often interfaces with Technical Directors, other Business Units and industry contacts and thus you will need to build productive relationships and networks.
- Create and present technical and strategic presentations to customers and partners and gather feedback to influence product and solution offerings. Interpret field feedback to generate strategic direction.
- You will be responsible for identifying and managing the development of collateral in your focused areas of technical expertise to highlight best practices and NetApp’s value proposition.
- You will collaborate on strategy with senior product management to inspire strategic products, solutions or reference architecture roadmaps and plans. This includes participating in cross functional teams to develop product and solution roadmaps. Job Requirements Requirements:
- Ability to plan, outline and publish professional technical documents on schedule.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise professional manner, tailored to the appropriate audience; including both verbal and written communications.
- Ability to lead across business unit teams and have strong influencing skills at the Senior and Executive level.
- Creates and fosters a collaborative environment.
- Ability to work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation and frequently requires collaboration across multiple technical teams.
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities and complex tasks in a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to build strong working relationships across all levels of the organization internally and with partners externally, in broad technology areas.
- Problem solve difficult technical problems across business units without management assistance.
- Broad technical and strategic knowledge of products or solutions in several subject matter areas. Ability to build your network and become known as a subject matter expert within the industry.
- Sets good examples of embracing technology and organizational changes to better serve the customer.
- Responsibility and Interaction:
- The tasks you will be responsible for are often unstructured and the issues addressed are less defined requiring new perspectives and creative approaches.
- You will apply attained experiences and knowledge in solving problems that are complex in scope and scale requiring in-depth evaluation.
- Demonstrate good judgment in solving problems as well as identifying problems in advance, and proposing solutions.
- You must work effectively with Staff to Vice President level employees within the function, across functions and with external parties.
- Limited supervision and direction is provided, as this individual can operate and drive strategic results without boundaries and set priorities independently.
- The ideal candidate will be a proactive contributor, influencer, and subject matter expert.
- To be successful, you must demonstrate favorable results through regular leadership and influencing others.
- Often acts as a mentor to both senior and junior engineers Education and Experience Education & Experience:
- A minimum of 12 years of experience is required
- A minimum of 10 years experience in delivering data migration services and solutions
- Experience in authoring industry authoritative technical documents
- Experience in various migration methodologies and strategies within mixed protocol environments (SAN/NAS/iSCSCI/DASD)
- Field delivery/customer consultancy experience required
- Minimum of 10 years SAN protocol experience
- Minimum of 7 years NAS protocol experience
- Minimum of 7 years NetApp technology experience
- Minimum of 5 years WAN caching experience is highly desired
- Hands on experience with third party storage experience is highly desired
- A mix of Microsoft and UNIX systems administration is highly desired
- Vaulting and archiving experience desired
- A Bachelor of Science or Masters degree in Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science or related technical discipline; or equivalent experience is required
- Demonstrated ability to have successfully completed multiple, complex technical projects.
- Public speaking skills are preferred Posting Category Marketing
USA - California - Irvine
USA - California - San Diego
USA - California - San Francisco
USA - Colorado - Boulder
USA - Colorado - Denver
USA - Illinois - Schaumburg
USA - New York - New York City
USA - Texas - Dallas
USA - Virginia - D.C.
USA - Virginia - D.C. (Decru)
USA - Washington - Seattle
USA - California - Sunnyvale (Corporate Headquarters)
USA - North Carolina - Research Triangle Park
UNITED KINGDOM - London City
UNITED KINGDOM - Coventry
UNITED KINGDOM - Edinburgh Park
UNITED KINGDOM - Cheadle - Manchester
NEW ZEALAND - Wellington
UNITED KINGDOM - Stockley Park/London Uxbridge
USA - California - Redwood City
USA - Massachusetts - Boston
USA - Massachusetts - Waltham
USA - Kansas - Wichita
USA - Pennsylvania - Pittsburgh Requisition Number 22819BR
NetApp - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Careers at NetApp
At NetApp, your expertise is what drives our growing success
NetApp is the ideal place to give your career a boost....