Title: Senior Technical Project Manager (#31-MH2780)
Location: San Francisco, CA
Type: Full Time
Salary: 140,000 + 20%
We are looking to for a Senior Technical Project Manager with responsibility for managing major, highly complex project initiatives which have significant financial impact and involves significant internal and/or external resources within assigned groups. Projects include product development, integration, technology, conversions, and other special projects as approved. To assist with the implementation of project management methodologies in the Technology department.
1. Identifies, integrates, and manages required internal and external resources to provide business solutions for groups most complex business issues, while able to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously.
2. Develops and implements detailed project plans, including new products, conversion/integration, merger projects, and other projects as assigned with minimal direction from project stakeholders. Independently manages the planning, documenting, testing and executing , along with the tasks, budgets, timelines and project team members to successfully complete projects on time and within budget.
3. Oversees the entire project life cycle of detailed project plans using standard project methodology including due diligence information gathering, analysis, and reporting. Develops and presents written project plans and develops and delegates project tasks including test plan and acceptance testing.
4. Initiates the design and implementation of the operational and technical aspects of the project plans and develops and supports programming requests to meet project goals after upon thorough discussion with project stakeholders.
5. Oversees test and project task development and implementation. Evaluates and provides written and verbal updates on project status; financial forecasting , budget planning, administration, and reporting project costs, written project closing analysis, budget/actual comparisons and change management reporting.
6. Establishes milestones as needed for reporting to appropriate management levels and communicates budget and status milestones as defined for the project.
7. Oversees project teams, which consists of members reporting to functional managers within the Business Group, third party vendors, and consultants. Provides leadership, motivation and establishes a teamwork environment for the project team, and advises, influences, and coaches team members in the development and achievement of project goals. Facilitates and leads team meetings.
8. Monitors project progress towards project goals, coaches and motivates team members to make needed adjustments in plans to meet milestones and to a chieve goals. Facilitates and documents lessons learned on projects to use on future projects. Recognizes team members for meeting and exceeding goals.
9. Exercises great latitude in managing the initiation, planning, execution, controlling and closing processes on projects.
- Required Education or Equivalent Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics, Economics or related degree
- Master's/Advanced Degree preferred
- 12+ years of project management experience
- Full Software Development Life Cycle experience
- PMP Certification
- Manages project teams consisting of staff assigned from the various departments throughout the bank and/or vendors providing service or support for the bank, affected by the assigned project.
- Recognizes project issues and concerns requiring resolution in a timely and professio nal manner and addresses them with management and appropriate staff members
- Prepares documentation defining policies to be established with management's approval, providing supporting documentation and specifications as needed
- Schedules and conduct status meetings with involved staff and management, to ensure timely completion of project tasks and addressing and resolving problems that could prevent timely completion of the project
- Prepares, provides and communicates progress reports on project status for staff and management review
- Represents Regional Banking Group as a team member on project teams lead by other departments and divisions. Provides support to project team by attending project meetings, responding to assigned tasks when due and providing Regional Banking Group management with regular updates on the project's progress.
- May supervise a team of 2 or more Professional Staff