We’re working hard to fulfill our potential as a key supplier to the adhesives industry. At a time when many companies and careers are stalling, we are not. At MWV, we’ve expanded and continue to invest in our operations to grow our business. And we’re not finished. We are also investing in talent. We are a firm believer that it’s people who make our business and we’re seeking an individual who will drive our business to higher levels of success.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT MWV
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- We are looking for a Technical Sales Representative to sell and manage a diverse portfolio of our tackifier offerings, produced by our refineries, and sold 95+% directly.
- At MWV we have a passion for delivering value to customers through our products, services, and relationships and we ask that you share this same commitment.
- We are also looking for continued growth in customer value, through the efforts of an experienced Technical Sales Representative who listens to the customer’s needs and communicates them back to our internal stakeholders (the lab, production, customer service or management) to make changes that increase our value and grow our business.
- Alignment with the evolution of the adhesives business within the Pine Chemical Team will require an insightful, flexible, creative individual. We truly believe the skill set used in this job will prepare you for many other opportunities at MWV.
- Mastery of the process of value-based selling: from identifying opportunities, to delivering & selling new products within your customer base.
- Product knowledge of features & benefits, account planning, follow up, forming long lasting relationships built on trust, understanding how to connect the dots to make the sale are all important parts of the process.
- Use superior selling skills to navigate an account across multiple levels in the customer’s organization, including purchasing, technical, and manufacturing groups.
- Be comfortable in the technical arena - utilize MWV’s technical and development staff as appropriate to advance new business and product support opportunities.
- The ideal candidate is proactive and results-oriented, with an aptitude to flourish in an environment of change.
- Understand and manage the short & long term issues created by our ever-changing competitive landscape.
- Capture the value that our products provide as specialty tackifiers.
- Work closely with operations, planning, and logistics groups across the refinery to proactively manage product inventories and quality.
- Face time is critical in establishing and maintaining strong relationships - expected travel is 50% plus.
MeadWestvaco - 17 months ago
MWV is a global leader in packaging and packaging solutions. Our fresh insights, innovative products, global manufacturing, and unparalleled...