Proofpoint is hiring a Senior Technical Support Engineer in EMEA. The successful candidate will join a team dedicated to excellence in driving to resolution customer issues in the region. The Senior Technical Support Engineer will work closely with customers and engineering to facilitate the optimal solutions for customers as well as drive technical projects internally and externally. Strong technical and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to assume ownership and drive issues to completion are the key success factors.
- Work with Support, Sustaining, and Operations teams to review and triage issues reported in the field and from customers.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and classify customer issues and take corrective action
- Initiate escalation procedures to ensure Service Level Agreements are met
- Manage customer issues through to closure
- Own and lead technical aspects of internal and external projects
- Mentor and coach new hires.
- Ongoing documentation and improvement of processes.
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Customer Oriented, with 4 years experience in a customer facing role
- In-depth knowledge and experience of Linux Operating System
- In-depth knowledge and experience of email and email related and supporting technologies
- Hands -on knowledge and experience troubleshooting network and connectivity issues
- Strong trouble-shooting and critical problem solving skills.
- Strong customer satisfaction skills and a positive attitude.
- A self-starter with a strong ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Constant focus on learning and self-improvement. Strong desire to work with others to improve support practices and processes.
- Strong negotiation and conflict management skills.
Proofpoint - 16 months ago