DLS Engineering Associates, Inc, a government engineering logistics services firm, is seeking qualified candidates to fill a current opening as full-time Sr. Technical Writer/Quality Assurance in Elizabeth City North Carolina.
The incumbent duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Incumbent will be the point of contact or contractor lead for the Government to assign stated tasks to subordinate company contracted technical writers.
- Performs interim and final product QA from subordinate technical writers prior to its delivery to the Government for acceptance.
- Assists with corrective actions for identified product discrepancies.
- Ensures projects assigned to subordinate contractor technical writers are completed on time as depicted by the assigned "due date". Ensures compliance with Government policies and established procedures.
- Provides contractor technical writer measurement metrics to the Branch Production Controller/Planner and Technical Publications Branch Chief identifying technical writer efficiencies, production numbers, error rates, and other measurements/metrics as required by the Branch, but not less than once a month.
- Update the technical publications electronic calendar anytime a subordinate contractor will not be available during their normally scheduled work hours in order to assist the Government with projecting future project requirements.
- Must have experience in aircraft and/or systems supported.
- Experience in INTERLEAF and ARBORTEXT desktop publishing software used in support of technical publication production. Copies of training certificates with this type of experience are required.
- Must possess exceptional writing and verbal communications skills.
- Must have intermediate computer skills and knowledge of the following Microsoft programs; DOS, Word, Excel, Outlook, and Powerpoint.
We are an established and growing service provider in the government industry. We are dedicated to our mission of providing business...