The Senior Telecommunications Specialist functions in an upper level position with responsibility for timely service delivery as well as project management. This individual works closely with all departments to meet business objectives, resolve problems, complete assigned projects, and provide technical assistance in accordance with assigned responsibilities.
- Use advanced knowledge of Legacy voice, voice mail and VoIP systems to provide business units with technical assistance in design and implementation of voice services.
- Perform medium to high level technical programming in Legacy telephone, voice mail and VoIP systems for all move, add and change requests, including design and development of automated attendants and call routing for call center applications.
- Utilize telemanagement system to process work order and billing activity
- Employ advanced knowledge of telephone, voice mail and Telecommunications management information systems to provide level 2 triage and problem resolution for in depth service issues.
- Interact with vendors to ensure proper delivery of service and trouble resolution. Refer issues for vendor escalation to Telecommunications Coordinator.
- Participate in design and testing of upgrades and migrations of telephone, voice mail and telecommunications management systems.
- Review accounts receivable in telecommunications management system and initiate collection actions when appropriate.
- Participate in development of documentation of departmental processes, end user training materials and website content.
Other Duties as Assigned
- Provide support to Inventory Management function by serving as back up to Telecommunications Specialist.
- High school diploma
- Five years' experience in telecommunications field including two years' experience with telephony Switches
- Working knowledge of VoIP telephone system
- Advanced knowledge of call center design and best practices
- Experience with Microsoft Office products - Word, Excel and Visio
- Ability to handle multiple and competing tasks
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work within diverse environment
- Must be able to apply analytical and problem solving skills to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Must work with minimal supervision
- Must be highly motivated
- Ability to work independently and in a fast-pasted, high demand work environment
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and adapt to change
- Possess strong customer service skills
- Must report to work at assigned start time and staff position during inclement weather
- Must be willing to be on call and adjust schedule when appropriate
- Vocational or technical school degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Advanced knowledge of Legacy telecommunications systems - DMS100 switch, Call Pilot voice mail, Call center management system
- Working knowledge of Cisco Call Manager VoIP system
- Working knowledge of Cisco Unity VoIP voice mail
- Two to five years' experience in higher education
- Telephony switch certification preferred