- Define and implement comprehensive strategies for Quorum's backup, recovery, and continuity solutions including code, component and system level tests.
- Define and create test documents against stated project and/or release goals.
- Define, create & execute manual and automated tests as needed for the entire product line.
- Investigate, create and implement tools to enable efficient test creation and execution in a continuous integration environment.
- Participate in and contribute to design discussions and reviews with an emphasis on highlighting the impact of designs on system function and performance.
- 4+ years developing, developing tests for or implementing test tools & harnesses for mission critical IT infrastructure products.
- 4+ years with system, functional and regression testing for storage and networking related technologies.
- 3+ years of experience testing web applications and appliance portals including presentation, middle and backend layers.
- 2+ years with enterprise applications such as Exchange, SharePoint, MSSQL, MySQL, Oracle, Application servers.
- Creating and implementing performance strategies, creating performance and profiling plans and presenting performance data and recommendations for improving code and system performance.
- Automation of functional, regression and performance tests and operation in a continuous Integration environment.
- Strong storage and networking background.
- Knowledge of technologies such as SSD, HDD, SATA, SAS, iSCSI, NAS, HA, RAID, embedded or IA processors, virtualization, networking, VMWare, Xen, Linux, Windows and Microsoft Hyper-V.
- Object-oriented development skills including language skills in two or more of C++, Java, Ruby, Perl.
- Scripting in Python, PHP, Bash, TCL or other language.
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle.
- Experience coding and scripting in Windows & Linux environments.
- Proven ability to understand complex software design and algorithms, and design / develop testing approaches for them.
- Expert knowledge of test/QA processes and methodologies including design, execution and automation of tests.
The ideal candidate will also be:
- Expert knowledge of XEN at the API/SDK level.
- Expert knowledge of Linux & Windows operating systems.
- Expert knowledge of automation frameworks and Test management systems.
- Experience designing, creating and executing unit, component, and integration tests.
- Results oriented.
- Process driven.
- Pragmatic: able to analyze trade-offs and prioritize tasks in order to achieve goals.
- Strong sense of self-discipline: able to overcome difficulties, uncertainty and temptations that conflict with the mission.
- Entrepreneurial-spirit (passionate about joining a startup).
- Team player.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Able to communicate with peers and management.
- High professional standards - Strong motivation for individual and organization success.
- Demonstrable commitment to excellence/diligence (as demonstrated by education, business and work experience).
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, including a strong sense of intellectual honesty.
- BS + 4 years experience, MS + 2 years experience. MS highly desired. The candidate should have a degree in one of the following disciplines: Computer Science, Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, Mathematics or Physics.