HNTB Michigan, Inc. currently has a need for a highly motivated individual to join our Detroit, Michigan staff as a Senior Transportation/Transit Planner . The ideal candidate will lead transportation planning tasks, studies and projects as well as further develop HNTB Michigan’s transportation planning and transit practice.
This position requires the successful candidate to conduct multimodal transportation planning studies and possess an understanding of the interrelationships between land use and transportation. The individual should be familiar with transit oriented development and complete streets concepts with an understanding of transit operations. Additionally, interested candidates should be familiar with the following transportation project development processes: FTA’s New Starts and Small Starts Programs, FRA’s Intercity Passenger Rail Program and NEPA. This position must be able to work in a team environment and will be required to provide direction and mentorship to junior staff.
Typical duties and responsibilities of this position include:
- Manage planning studies for high-speed passenger rail, streetcar, light rail and bus rapid transit projects within established budgets and schedules.
- Alternatives analysis, including development of needs assessments and performance measures.
- Operations planning and analysis.
- Preparation of transit development plans.
- Preparation of environmental compliance documents (i.e., NEPA).
- Facilitation of public meetings.
- Coordination with clients, including federal, state, and local agencies.
- Assist with business development activities
The HNTB Companies are an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, physical or mental disability, veteran status or other status protected by law. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law). We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individual with a disability where appropriate.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in transportation planning, urban planning, civil engineering, or related field is required.
- 10 or more years of experience is desired with at least 5 years of transit/transportation planning experience.
- Experience with federal and state transportation planning policies and procedures, specifically those of FTA, FRA, FHWA, and other department of transportation agencies is preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Solid foundation in transportation planning principals and transit practices are required
- AICP certification or P.E.
HNTB - 2 years ago
HNTB knows the ABCs of A/E. The company is a pure design firm, which derives most of its revenues from architecture, engineering, or...