As a member of this team, you would contribute to CDM Smith's mission by: Taking responsibility for an important segment of the planning program of CDM Smith, which is involved in solving critical environmental problems whose solution requires major planning efforts and/or public consensus building. Acting as a leader and authority in CDM Smith in a broad area of specialization or in a narrow but intensely specialized field. Managing large projects or large phases of projects. Interacting with clients on a daily basis. Taking responsibility for quality control. Visualizing and assuming responsibility for new business development activities within area of expertise. Consulting associates and others, when they place a high degree of reliance placed on your interpretations and advice. Taking responsibility for project administration duties (preparing and monitoring budget and schedule, preparing correspondence). Effectuating CDM Smith's business goals in strategic business development, project management, and staff utilization and development levels.
A successful CDM Smith candidate will have:
- 12-15 years previous experience (since Bachelor's degree), previous planning experience.
- Bachelor's degree in arts, planning, engineering, or a science required. Master's degree in planning, engineering, science, or environmental science/ management preferred.
- A.I.C.P. Certification and/ or Certification or Master's degree in specialty field (where Certification is not applicable) is required.
- Experience with Multimodal statewide transportation plans, Corridor implementation plans and NEPA.
- P.E. preferred.
- Project Management, public/stakeholder involvement and funding/financing options for transportation improvements experience required.
- Experience with Texas DOT preferred.
- Excellent communication, motivational and leadership skills.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate—as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an equal opportunity employer.