Represents insureds and the Company in the defense of high exposure bodily injury and property damage law suits.
Assess liability and damages and develop defenses to allegations for a successful resolution of cases
Attend hearings and conduct trials
Argue motions, take effective depositions of lay and expert witnesses
Consult with clients and opposing counsel and the judiciary
Coordinate the case handling with claims personnel
Complete necessary system documentation
Assist other attorneys in resolving calendar conflicts
- Advanced knowledge of civil trial law
- Five plus years litigation experience, preferably in insurance defense
- Juris Doctorate degree and member in good standing of both
- Basic computer skills required; experience with Microsoft Office, Lexis, and the internet
- Ability to work well with others on a team of attorneys, paralegals, administrative assistants, supervised by an attorney Lead Counsel
Your career awaits at Allstate. We’re 70,000 professionals strong, working each day to help protect nearly 16 million households....