Just like YouTube was born from our personal experience, so is AVOS (pronounced ah- vohs ). When Chad and Steve founded YouTube in 2005 they were looking for a way to share videos online with friends. Now eight years later, people upload 100 hours of video to the site each minute. At AVOS we are building new tools to help people to create, find and share great multimedia content.
We are experimenting with new forms of expression and collaboration through photos and videos, including removing technical and social barriers that prevent people from creating higher quality digital content, working on it with others and distributing it online. We make it easy for people to tell a story and make something beautiful that others want to share.
Our products include Delicious, MixBit, Wanpai, and OpenAlbum.
Are you a pixel-perfect perfectionist? Are you interested in challenging yourself with new and interesting technical problems? If this sounds like you, our Design team would love to hear from you.
Skills & Requirements
- 5+ years of relevant design experience
- Hands-on experience working with HTML5 and CSS3
- Experience using Photoshop to quickly create mocks and convert them into HTML
- Ability to Design and implement task flows and intuitive design concepts that promote usability
- Familiarity in designing and implementing responsive templates for content fetcher returns
- Experience with theme and template systems like Wordpress or Tumblr.
- Experience working with responsive web design
- BS or MS from a top university in Interactive Design or related field
AVOS is headquartered in San Mateo, California with additional offices in Beijing, China and Dunedin, New Zealand. AVOS closed a Series A financing led by New Enterprise Associates and Google Ventures with participation from Madrone Capital and China-based incubator Innovation Works.
- 401k Matching, Full Benefits, and Flexible work hours
- Catered meals and Snacks provided
- In-office basketball, gym, and mini golf
- Easy access to Caltrain
AVOS Systems Inc. - 19 months ago