Senior UI Artist-|
Senior Motion Graphics/User Interface Artist
Vicarious Visions, developer of numerous award
winning games, including Skylanders Spyro Adventure, Guitar Hero: On Tour, Tony Hawk, and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 is seeking a passionate, motivated, and experienced Senior Motion Graphics/UI Artist to join our team of talented developers in creating next generation games for the Xbox 360, PS3, and Wii platforms.
- The Artist will work with Art Director, designers and programmers to deliver the highest quality art assets possible for the assigned game platform within the technical constraints of the platform.
- Develop 2D or 3D art and/or animation in 3DSMAX/Maya, Photoshop, Illustrator and proprietary software, convert to game format, and make refinements as directed.
- Assist as needed in the generation of additional art assets for the project.
- Possess a strong graphics design background.
- excellent with composition
- strong understanding of typography
- must display a core understanding of color
- iconography skills a must
- The artist should have a good understanding of game navigation.
- Be able to conceptualize, present and execute ideas within a tight schedule.
- Ability to layout overall UI display (HUD)
- Experience creating all UI elements (icons, buttons, toggles, sliders, etc.)
- Provide 2D or 3D art assets in the form of 2D sprites, textures or models
- Have hands on experience developing for multi-platform user interfaces.
- Experience with Photoshop, Flash, Illustrator or 3DSMAX (or related 3D art software package).
- Must be able to create mock ups (both stills and animated).
- Understanding of 3D Art production.
- Must be able to work within style established by Art Director
- Must be willing to work within team environment and accept direction from art lead, producer and product development.
- Must be willing to document art process and track tasks throughout game development cycle.
- Demonstrated ability to work within provided structure and with attention to production schedules.
- Preference given to candidates with game industry experience, but a strong portfolio and advanced art degree (Bachelor’s degree) may be sufficient.
- Excellent communication and team skills
- Must have a positive attitude and be a team player.
Come work with us on our exciting new titles! We offer a modern work environment, an outstanding compensation and benefits package, a fun, team environment, impressively affordable living, and an exceptional quality of life! Please apply at
United States-New York-Albany
Activision - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard