The Senior Underwriter will be responsible for development of Energy Casualty portfolio with a specific emphasis on producers within the West Coast Region territory.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for all aspects of portfolio management, including solicitation of submissions, underwriting analysis, preparing and issuing indications/quotations/binders, premium production of new business, handling renewals, providing interim service on bound accounts, weekly forecasting of production, participation in self audit process, marketing and support in preparation of annual budgets.
- Responsible for the following product lines; GL/CPL/PROF/XS/Auto and WC.
- Manage the territory in accordance with overall Profit Center production, marketing and profitability goals.
- Assist Senior Management with the development of annual budgets and new product development.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Profit Center products, Starr Indemnity products, marketing strategies, as well as key producers and the competitive environment within the assigned territory.
- Work closely with other Starr operations in order to cross sell products and increase the overall market exposure of the enterprise.
- Understanding of casualty insurance products (GL/AL/WC and umbrella) and contracts.
- Fundamental knowledge of casualty rating procedures.
- Experience in the administrative process associated with quoting/binding accounts.
- Experience in the issuance of insurance policies.
- Ability to work along side the underwriting staff in the preparation of management reports.
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree
- 5-10 years experience in the industry
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Excellent organizational skills
Starr Companies, comprised of C.V. Starr & Co., Inc. (C.V. Starr) and Starr Insurance Holdings, Inc., is a global, privately held, insurance, financial services, and investments organization. Starr's insurance agencies write specialty lines covering aviation, marine, energy, property and excess casualty insurance, including risks with international exposures and provide a broad spectrum of value-added specialized services, including claims handling and settlement, risk assessment and loss prevention. Starr's insurance companies, Starr Indemnity & Liability Company and Starr Surplus Lines Insurance Company, provide high-quality, customized property and casualty and accident and health insurance products, with significant access to the excess and surplus marketplace for certain lines of business. These companies also provide loss control, claims, administrative and reinsurance services to their policyholders.
Starr Companies - 19 months ago