Palo Alto, CA
As a key member of the web application engineering team, you will design build, and enhance TuneIn-branded products on a variety of platforms. This position is based in Palo Alto, CA.
- Build for scalability to handle millions of users, and optimize code for many platforms.
- Create technical specifications and schedule estimates for new products, then execute from start to finish.
- Convert wireframes, high fidelity comps or both to simple, efficient and functional code
- Maintain and improve existing web applications.
- Shape product strategy and direction by interacting directly with business owners and end users.
- Target users on multiple devices (mobile, desktop, TV) in multiple locations using the smallest possible code footprint.
- Break down and solve complex interaction and technical problems.
- Contribute to development of APIs, which are used by thousands of partners worldwide.
Nice to have experience:
- Capacity to look beyond problem solving to discover first principles and common patterns, i.e., the ability to see the forest from the trees.
- Effective writing and communication skills.
- Easygoing, enthusiastic personality and a good sense of humor.
- Ability to execute with minimal oversight while responding within an agile, collaborative team.
- Minimum of 7+ years experience delivering popular consumer web applications.
- College degree in CS- or significant coursework completed towards a CS or other technical degree.
- Healthy drive to test software and watch others do the same.
- Passion for building great software.
- Love of music, talk radio or both.
About Engineering @ TuneIn
- Building web applications for platforms such as mobile, connected TV and Facebook.
Our development organization offers the perfect balance in team size to impact — we are big enough that you don’t have to do everything yourself, yet small enough to let you own projects start to finish and focus on doing what you love most!
At TuneIn, you can:
- Have a clear voice in product input and full life-cycle ownership from concept to release.
- Tackle complex, innovative and interesting challenges around scalability, optimization and performance that will visibly impact an active install base of 40+ million global consumers (and quickly growing).
- Find opportunity for significant growth within our engineering team + gain exposure to major technology platforms and steer your engineering career towards your personal interests.
- Enjoy a healthy work/life balance. We offer free catered lunches, gym memberships, and frequent organized events. Most of our employees take mid-day breaks for soccer or bike riding.
TuneIn - 18 months ago