TerpSys is a leading IT and Internet business solutions provider based in the Washington DC area. Blending today’s technology with outstanding customer service, TerpSys offers clients innovative, individually-crafted IT and web solutions to meet their unique needs. The key to our success lies within our strong corporate culture. Our culture drives our business. We challenge and offer our staff engaging work, continued learning opportunities, and fun team building activities and company events. We serve our communities through active company participation in volunteer-based initiatives. In turn, we consistently delight our customers and deliver on their high expectations.
In short, TerpSys is an innovative IT solutions provider, a respected community leader, and an all-around great place to work.
TerpSys is seeking an exceptional, creative Senior Web Designer / Web Designer to create strong, intuitive professional web designs to support our customer’s organizational goals. A successful candidate will thrive in a fast-faced, deadline-driven environment, take ownership of their work, have great collaboration skills, and a positive attitude. The Senior Web Designer / Web Designer must possess strong communication skills, great attention to detail and extensive experience presenting to clients. He/she will focus on all of the design phases of web design including user-interface needs, designing and pitching comps, and executing the final design within designated deadlines.
- Originate new concepts, strategies, and innovative approaches for websites, corporate branding, logo developments, and various forms of printed collateral
- Develop inspired web-based visual designs that are compelling, functional and promote brand consistency for our customers
- Serve as the lead on projects, interacting with our customers regarding their design needs
- Conduct creative requirements sessions with our clients and deliver final design presentations within our defined business strategies
- Work closely with Business Analysts, Information Architects, and Web Developers within our team-centric environment
- Design visual web solutions for CMS and CRMs including Drupal, Ektron, and SharePoint
- Deliver exceptional web designs within a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with direct accountability for high creative standards
*Ca ndidates without a Bachelor’s Degree must possess 7+ years of professional graphic web design experience
- Bachelor’s Degree*
- 3+ years professional experience in graphic web design
- Proven ability to translate our customers' ideas into tangible, executable designs that meet their business objectives
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, CS3,4, or 5
- Strong understanding of image optimization and constraints of designing for the web
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines with excellent time management
- High level of initiative with the demonstrated ability to work within a process-driven environment
- Innovative online portfolio highlighting strong work in web design
-----Level of position filled will be based on the overall candidates qualifications as they meet criteria related to either the Senior Web Designer or Web Designer position-----
- 5+ years professional experience in graphic web design
- Working knowledge of how to design for HTML, CSS, XML, and/or CMS platforms
- Ability to illustrate and design icon work
- Experience with print design projects
- Logo design work
- Knowledge of user-centered design principals
TerpSys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.
TerpSys - 19 months ago
TerpSys is a leading IT and Internet business solutions provider based in the Washington DC area. Blending today’s technology with...