Senior Web Designer - Fashion Editorial
Nordstrom Direct is a division of Nordstrom, a fashion specialty retailer founded on a simple idea: offer customers the best possible service, quality, value and selection. We are looking for a senior web designer responsible for the design of all online editorial content.
Nordstrom Direct delivers the same great fashion and service known in our stores through two additional customer experiences - online at Nordstrom.com and in print through our catalogs. At our Seattle Headquarters, top merchants, marketers, web developers, creative designers and information technologies professionals put their creativity and inspiration to work to keep Nordstrom a top online and catalog fashion destination.
The ideal senior web designer is resourceful and innovative with great design skills. This individual must be a visual storyteller with a can-do attitude and a strong interest in photo art direction. This position is part of a small team with a big mission to bring engaging, entertaining and inspiring content to our customers.
- Concept, design and layout of all online editorial content to include feature layouts, ads and banners and promotional placements
- Create practical creative solutions to meet editorial objectives
- Implement design revisions in a timely manner and prep files for development
- Move easily between projects with diverse parameters and objectives
- Work closely with producer, editorial writing and development team to meet project objectives and deadlines
- Collaborate with stylists, photographers and writers to ensure the integrity and quality of our editorial content
- Gather inspiration and provide direction to photographers and freelance designers
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience in editorial and/or web design, leadership experience a plus
- Experience in production art direction
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Flash a must
- Strong editorial, graphic design and typography skills
- Active in the design community
Since 1901, Nordstrom has offered a wide variety of quality apparel, shoes and accessories for men, women and children at our stores across the country. We're proud to be named to Fortune™ magazine's list of '100 Best Companies to Work For.' We believe this recognition comes from our desire to empower our employees to set their sights high and deliver exceptional service to customers.
As a Nordstrom employee, you can feel confident that your health and well-being are among our highest priorities. We offer a comprehensive, flexible employee benefits package that includes medical/vision and dental coverage, a generous merchandise discount, an employer-matched 401(K) savings and profit sharing plan and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. No visa sponsorship is available for this position.
Nordstrom, Inc.is a fashion specialty retailer that offers a selection of apparel, shoes, cosmetics and accessories for women, men and...