Founded in 2003, Linode is a leading cloud hosting provider with 150,000 customers worldwide. Since then, Linode has invested heavily in its people and set the bar for excellence in the cloud hosting industry. Our customer service, development, ops, hardware, marketing, documentation, and management teams are all part of making Linode everything it can be. This industry moves fast, but we’re committed to hiring the kind of people who can stay a step ahead and keep us - and themselves - at the top.
Due to our tremendous growth, we're looking for a talented web developer to help us take Linode's platform to the next level. In this role, you will establish leadership by developing and reviewing code and contributing ideas to a team of talented technologists. You will facilitate technical discussions and the development of web applications, web services, and public APIs that support tens of thousands of users. In addition, you'll help administer Linux systems and use your dynamic programming skills to improve our platform.
We're a closely knit team with a focus on agile development and innovative solutions. We encourage and reward curiosity, ingenuity, and technical excellence. If you enjoy working on ambitious projects that have a big impact, you'll enjoy working at Linode!
Work With Us
The ideal candidate will have:
- Flexible work hours: We have flexible start times and a very generous paid time off package!
- Unbelievable benefits: We provide comprehensive health insurance, 401(k) contributions, a profit- sharing program, and pension plans!
- Monthly wellness reimbursements: up to $100 towards gym memberships, diet plans, massages, etc
- A Macbook Pro: to use around the office and at home
- Free hosting service: Take advantage of some Linode service - we’ll pick up the tab!
- Linode Lunch: What goes better with technology than food? Nothing. We’ll bring in a catered lunch every week.
- Competitive salary: It all begins with fair compensation. We believe in paying people well and rewarding those who go the extra mile.
- 7+ years experience in software development
- Bachelor's degree
- Expert ColdFusion CFML/cfscript development experience
- Solid Perl/Python development experience in Unix/Linux operating environments
- Experience mentoring less experienced developers
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong programming skills including software engineering methodologies and best practices
- Experience with virtualization technologies like Xen, KVM, and UML
- Experience with Nagios monitoring
- Independence and initiative
- Comfort maintaining live production systems
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, cross-functional setting
- Relocation assistance is available to qualified candidates.
Linode - 9 months ago
Linode is a leading cloud hosting provider with 150,000 customers worldwide, and has been offering companies of all sizes virtualized...